two

a/n: some of the information about incubus' are made up for the sake of the book, no way in hell am i writing about taehyung being someone who forces himself upon sleeping women. to those who are into those subjects for coping with trauma, it's mentioned briefly about other incubus', but taehyung doesn't do so — i'm sorry. my dms are always open if you need it to just rant or talk.

          ***

seokjin had thought about taehyung throughout the rest of the day and even on his way home to his roommates, his mind clouded and heart heavy.

god. what the hell was he going to do?

it was literally his first-fucking-day and already he hated the living conditions. when applying for the position, he didn't realize he'd be working with the supernatural. it was all so confusing. so, not knowing what the hell he should do, he made his way to one of his roommate's rooms. namjoon was the third oldest, not too old, but he was very mature and wise, like he had lived a thousand years.

deeply inhaling, the man slowly exhaled and gave the door a knock.

soon enough, a tall man opened up the door, his pink hair slightly askew in his slender eyes. dimples settling in upon his cheeks, he stepped aside to welcome his hyung in. the room was made up of a soft grey tone with some pale blue, it perfectly fit namjoon's personality.

"what do you need, hyung?" shutting the door once seokjin was in, his attention turned towards the latter.

out of everything he wanted to know, what would be the most valuable piece of information?

"what's everything you know about incubus'?" he needed to know if this was all some sort of rouse to lure him or something, that taehyung wasn't lying— that it wasn't all just an act.

pausing, namjoon stared at the older. the question was indeed random, but nothing too odd for what he got asked on a daily basis.

"incubus', huh?" motioning for seokjin to sit down on his bed, he took a seat on his desk chair that rolled around.

"well, for starters the word incubus derives from the latin word incubo, meaning "a nightmare induced by such a demon." they'll typically become fixated on one woman, oftentimes causing her to grow exhausted with fatigue from constant visiting. they're most commonly known for attacking women in their sleep. in different cultures and folklore there are many variants of the incubus. a succubus is the female version of an incubus, and some people they're the same entity, but can just shape-shift from being male to female."

tw: mention of r*pe and impregnation, three asterisks will be put at the end to signal when the topic is over.

"incubus tend to sleep with women and even sometimes force them into a sort of trance so they can't move or call out for help. they then rape them which often times lead to the woman getting pregnant."

***

seokjin gulped while listening to all of this. so taehyung was a monster, that's why he was locked up.

noticing the worry on his hyung's face, namjoon decided to ask what was wrong.

"you okay? why are you even asking about all this? you've never been interested in it before."

hesitantly, the man answered the question presented to him.

"my new job..i'm working with an incubus. he's locked up and i just felt terrible to see him like that. he genuinely seemed..nice, but that's all a lie, right? he's just trying to trap me??"

rubbing the back of his neck, a soft sigh escaped namjoon.

"how old is he?"

"i don't...i forgot, i just skimmed the paper."

"describe his appearance, does he look young or old?"

thinking for several minutes, seokjin eventually spoke up again.

"young, he looks to be around his twenties, at least if he were a human. his hair isn't faded or anything, it's bright in color. his eyes glimmer and he has an amazing facial structure. why does that matter though?? incubus are sexual creatures, aren't they all attractive and young-looking?"

"there are only few incubus who don't do so, most are young in age. the older they get harder to resist their desires. it is easy for them to do so, at least easier, if they aren't raised around any grown incubus and have resisted their urges for a while. in that case they are just more sexually inclined, like a sex addict. how long has he been in the lab?"

"he said since he was fourteen."

"then i'm sure he has no interest in what his ancestors do or have done. tests have most likely been run of him to sort of stop those urges, but nonetheless experiments, which they've most likely done, is still inhumane."

seokjin bit his lower lip and slowly nodded. he didn't know what to do if he was being honest.

"i wanted to break him out of the lab. he looked so sad and defeated, joon."

"break him out, did i hear that right? you know i love you, but that idea is..-"

"-crazy, i know, you should've seen him though. it broke my heart, especially to watch him being taken away. he wasn't even fighting, like he's just given up."

"he probably has," a heavy sigh escaped the younger of the two as he leaned his head back against the black chair.

"look, get to know him better on a more personal level. if you still think it'll be for the best, come to me then and i'll do whatever i can to help. i can even check him out if you'd like."

seokjin nodded and stood up, quietly thanking namjoon before heading to the door. after exiting, a soft groan emitted from him.

he had a lot to think about.