Chapter 6

A/N SkyWing base by Peregrinecella from Deviantart

Sunset woke up to finding a nice scarlet red blanket on him. It reminded him of Ibis, and the old portrait he had on his bag. Sunset lifted his head, had Anbuis given it to him? Sunset let a small smile.

A quiet mumble was spoken in the room, where the jewelry was. Sunset turned his head to where the necklaces came from. Anubis stood there with his back facing Sunset, but the young Sand-SkyWing was able to see the ruby Anubis had taken from him on one talon, and golden nugget on the another. Slowly, the ruby and the gold seemed to fly within each other, twisting and turning, fusing until in made out the shape of a thick ring. Anubis grabbed it from the air and tested it on one of his horns, then removing it with a chuckle.

Sunset narrowed his eyes, what had he just witnessed? He looked down to the necklace Anubis had given him, what it made the same way?

"A- A- Are you magic?" Sunset asked, stretching his wings a bit. Anubis jumped before twisting his neck in shock.

"Y- You s- sa- saw n- no- nothing!" Anubis growled, quickly tossing the ring inside the cart. Sunset narrowed his eyes.

"You did magic! I know it!" Sunset protested, walking towards Anubis, who growled at the younger hybrid. Why would he lie to me? Sunset thought, an unsettling feeling rised in his chest. The NightWing hybrid backed away from Sunset, flicking his tongue.

Sunset let his wings drop. Anubis huffed. "It doesn't matter. Now back off! I have things to sell," He roared before grabbing the cart. Sunset winced, that was rather harsh.

I guess I am annoying. No wonder Ibis and Pegasus left me home alone most of the time, Sunset realized with a ping of sadness in his heart. Anubis pushed the cart out of the door, growling for it was too heavy. Sunset got an idea.

The young hybrid flew to the other side of the cart. Anubis frowned. "What are you doing, sand-snorter?" He demanded, then his face soften as he realized the Sunset was pulling the cart towards the crowd of merchants. Both hybrids took the cart against a brick wall, and Anubis pulled out a banner that read "HYBRID JEWELRY: BEST JEWELS IN TOWN". Sunset could see why now, Anubis had made them with magic.

A amber MudWing walked up to them. He gazed at Sunset, who was afraid this was Caiman. Although Caiman was different, Sunset still remembered. The MudWing let a snort. "Hey Hybrid. I didn't think you would bring one of your weirdo friends. In fact, I thought you were the only hybrid in Pyrrhia," He grumbled

Anubis frowned. "Whatever! Did you come to buy from me or just annoy the moons out of me?" Anubis snapped.

The MudWing scoffed. "Terrible service too? I'll be telling everyone, Hybrid," The MudWing hissed before turning around. Anubis leaped at the MudWing, pointing his venomous tail to the amber dragon's face.

"You say that to anyone I promise you won't live to see the sunrise," Anubis mumbled loud enough for Sunset to hear. Sunset watched as Anubis let the MudWing go, who blinked in shock.

Sunset shool his head. "You shouldn't be threatening anyone's life," He told Anubis.

The Sand-NightWing scowled. "So what? That fat-face has been making me loose customers lately!" Anubis growled, thomping his tail against the floor. Then he glared at Sunset. "Weren't you supposed to be looking for your father?"

Sunset gasped, he had forgotten that part of his mission.  "R- Right. I'll be seeing you later!" Sunset chirped, before stepping away. Then the most embarrassing thing happened...

His stomache growled loudly.

"Pfft!" Anubis wheezed before raising  a talon, closing his eyes, and took a deep breathe. Anubis looked through his cart, before tossing Sunset a ring made out of jade. "Use it to buy something to eat!" He ordered.