Chapter three: Yellow Strips

Easton and Summer had bought a small flat for when the two were on breaks from school. The only times they saw one another, other than Facetime. Summer had gone to a high school where they had dorms, prepping the students for college if they decided to go.
While Easton was couped up in the small stuffy flat, Summer was outside waiting for her closest friend Joshua to pick her up.
His tiny Nissan screeched towards her apartment complex. She was internally laughing at the poor thing, but couldn't because she didn't even own a car. Joshua was her ride for almost everything- unless she walked to her nearest corner store for Hi-chews.
"I got you an almond milk latte bro." He hid his face behind the cardboard cup, holding it out the window.
"I only told you once I don't drink dairy!" She shook her head in amazement.
"I actually have to go to school to pick some stuff up from my dorm. You mind going with me?"
"Dorm rendezvous with my boo." She danced while getting into the passenger seat.

A brown paper bag. That's all that was in Joshua's dorm room.
"This is it? I thought you said you had a few things?"
Joshua was internally squealing.
"Nope, this was it. Open it."
Her eyebrows creased as she emptied the contents of the light bag onto his open desk.
There were three long slips of yellow paper.
"No way. You didn't get-"
"Tickets to the new Fair opening." He mocked her excitement "I did. I thought your sister was coming with us. That's why theres three."
She flopped onto his chair, it looked like she was going to cry.
"Hey, hey-"
She hadn't felt so thought of after her senior friends went to College and everyone else fell into the shadows of her highschool. Joshua was the only one who stuck by her side, they were ride or dies. Two peas in a pod, if you saw one of them the other was happily trailing along. In their glorified yearbook that costed way too much to buy, they had a picture by the baseball field and he was behind, braiding her rough curly locks.
"You're the best. "