Chapitre 3

You stopped your car in the street and turned to your right before getting out. Jon was next to you at the front, Axl and Nikki at the back. It was a small car, so the boys had to be one against the other; much to their disbelief as they had their shoulders against the window like each of them had the plague.

You took a deep breath: before climbing in the car, both Axl and Nikki had fought during all the journey down your apartment till the parking lot to know who would be at the front with you. Result: Jon was turned to look at you as you had started speaking.

"So, I work here as a seller. You'll probably meet my colleague, Mike. He's the son of the owner, but works as a seller too."

Jon nodded.

You threw them an understood look and opened the door, soon followed by the others.

The record shop was tucked between two apartments buildings, in a quiet street. You pushed the swinging doors and glanced around: no one at the desk behind the register, and two clients were wandering between the shelves. You turned to the guys: "So, I don't want any of you to-"

"y/n!"

You turned. Mike had appeared behind the desk, smiling to you. You gulped as he passed a hand in his long brown hair. "Oh, hi Mike." He looked at you, then the guys, expectantly. You cleared your throat and turned to the first who was next to you: "Well, this is Jon. He is..." Some seconds passed where you were thinking about what he was when he added: "Her cousin. From New Jersey." Mike raised an eyebrow: "Oh, y/n you always told me you didn't have anyone your age in your family, why didn't you tell me you had a cousin who lived nearby?" He looked at Jon. "You look like you're roughly the same age."

You said what came by your mind: "It's because he's back. Till now he travelled all around the globe with his family." You smiled and tapped at his back. He empathetically nodded and grabbed you by the shoulders: "Yep! Came back in the state." He lifted thumb and you heard shrug behind you. Mike smiled and looked behind to Axl and Nikki.

"And them, they're Nikki and Axl." You prevented yourself to say they were a couple and said: "We were in high school together and they moved in my building." Nikki cleared his throat: "In separate apartments, of course."

You pushed in Jon's back: "And they are going to visit the place..."

The three of them got it and left further, glancing around. You let out a breath and approached the desk. He shrugged. "They look nice. I love their style." You looked further in the shop and saw Axl bent over a box full of records, his leather pants – that looked more like latex pants – shining under the neon light. You squinted. "Unexpected." You suddenly yawned, making Mike shrug: "Rough night?"

You huffed: "Well, they arrived early this morning. I guess I'll go to sleep early this evening."

"Oh..."

You frowned to his reaction to your statement. "Oh?"

He resumed: "I wanted to ask you to make the closing of the shop with me today. You know, tomorrow we're the 24th and people come to buy their Christmas gift at the last moment..."

You were about to say yes, but thought about Jon and your promise to look for his friend. "Well..."

"Yes!"

You turned to the sudden voice: Jon was next to you, a box in his hands as he just popped there. You opened wide eyes to him. "y/n is hesitating because she promised me to spend some time together, but it's ok." He smiled at you.

"Jon, you're sure?" He nodded. "Yes, and-"

"You!"

He stopped and Mike and you turned to the deep voice. Your boss was going down the stairs from his office, and pointed at Jon. "You, you're late. I've been waiting for since 8am young man." You heard him gulp at your side and Mike and you looked at each other, not getting it.