Chapitre 7

You had your head on Mike's chest, both of you still a bit out of breath.

"Can't wait to start this new year at your side." You shrugged and put your chin on his torso. "We still have some days until the 1st of January, y'know." He tucked a strand behind your ear. "What about we spend it in bed?" You smiled and lifted your head, tugging the sheets on both of you as he laughed.

-

You yawned and frowned as you heard muffled music in the background. Your hand clawed at what was below it; it was soft. You opened your eyes and looked around; you were in a bed, in a bedroom. But not yours. You sat straight. At your side, Mike shifted and turned, mumbling in his sleep. It made you smile, but you got concerned. You remembered last night, going to sleep in your own bed... You noticed the clock on the nightstand: 11.56PM.

You got up slowly and the springs squeaked. You passed your hands on your arms, and acknowledged you were, in fact, naked. You glanced at the floor, looking for your clothes, but couldn't find them. What the fuck? The fact that Mike was there reassured you, you weren't getting completely mad, but you couldn't understand what was going on. Did you forget you went to a party?

You spotted a t-shirt on a chair further in the room; you took it and put it. It was a big size; the cloth reached a bit above your knees. You glanced at Mike; he was still in deep sleep as you opened the door.

The music appeared louder, and you guessed it was played from the ground floor. You advanced in the corridor and nearly tripped in a plastic goblet. Against the wall, two people were making out as their mouths were their last meal on earth. You frowned and eyed them; they were nearly all dressed in leather and their hair were all puffed. You chuckled as it made you think about some people.

You passed by and went down the stairs. The bass resonated in your chest and people shouted here and there. On a wall, a huge white sheet had been hung, with "HAPPY NEW YEAR" written with red paint on it. You frowned. We were not on the 31st-

"Hey! I see your hand is empty!" You looked with wide eyes at the man who got you out of your thoughts. He had a leather jacket with fringes, things written on the sleeves, but you couldn't read it as he was facing you. He had long brown hair, the half of his bangs straight on his head. You frowned as you studied his face. Why did you have the feeling you knew him?

He handled you a goblet full of beer and smiled to you. "Oh. Thank you." He tapped on your arm and turned.

That's when you saw what was written on his sleeve.

Oh.

That's why you quite recognized him.

"People! People!"

The music stopped and everyone in the living room turned to look at where the voice came from. A man was standing on a table, a mic in his hands. A blond man. Hair all puffed.

"Let's start the count! Ten..." People started chanting with him in unison. "Nine... Eight... Sev-" He stopped as his gaze crossed yours. He opened wide eyes.

The man who gave you a drink some seconds ago climbed on the table and joined him. "Jon, why did you stop? Three! Two! One!"

Everyone cheered.

...

"Happy New Year 1989!"

Fin...?

The second part is now available on my profile :)