Chapter 14

"See you tonight?" I said after I walked her back to her hotel room. We just finished the Misa de Gallo.

"See you tonight." She smiled and I went back to my hotel room.

The whole day, I did nothing but rest and sing songs while playing my guitar. I then tried to play mobile games and watch TV, anything to distract myself from my thoughts of Flo. Afternoon came when Lex called me, telling me that we need to prepare early to leave for Catayum for dinner. Catayum is a place where there is a feast at the moment. Usually, feast days in the Philippines would go on for 24 hours. Lex said that we need to go there since he has a friend and that friend would love to meet me and Flo. I then agreed and texted Flo, telling her to prepare early before we leave for Catayum.

Late afternoon, I was already prepared and is about to go to Flo's room when I received a call.

"Hello Lex?"

"MIGUEL." He laughed, "Where are you? We're here at your hotel now."

"I'm here. I'm going downstairs now." I said as I went down the stairs. I then saw Mama Nene and Lex by the lobby. I then hugged them.

"Where's Flo?" Lex asked.

"I thought she's already here."

"Nope." Lex said.

"I'll go get her." Mama Nene said, going upstairs. While Lex and I were in the lobby, waiting.

"How's you and Flo?" Lex smiled.

"I don't know." I smiled.

"Stop lying Miguel."

"I'm not."

"You're lying again. I can see it in your eyes."

I sighed, "Fine. I like her."

"I knew it." Lex grinned.

"I mean she's pretty, kind, bubbly, cool, she's everything I looked for a girl. I tried to fight it but I failed again and again every time she smiles, laughs, giggles." I sighed in frustration.

"Then don't fight it anymore." Lex said.

I sigh. Yeah, he's right. I should not fight it anymore. I like her and I'll tell her, "Do me a favor?"

"What?"

"Please don't tell Flo."

He then saluted and shook my hand, "Deal. And I know that in something like this, you should tell her yourself-"

Our attention turned to Mama Nene and Flo who went downstairs. And once again, I was awestruck. For the first time, Flo wore a dress. And she looked beautiful in it.

She surprised me once again.

"Mama, what took you so long- whoa." Lex said as he stood up, "Look at Flo, she's indeed Cabintan's Princess." She then giggled then Lex continued, "Anyone volunteering to be the Prince though?" He said, nudging my arm and smirked. I tried to conceal my flushed state and smacked him.

Flo then laughed, "Can be anybody Lex."

"Yeah." He smiled, "Can be the hotel staff over there, can be me, can be Miguel-"

"Alright. We should get going." I said, making everyone laugh. Then we went to the jeepney that Lex has. We then drove our way to Barangay Catayum.