one.

07.30 AM
SAT, 24 MAY 1986

THE WARM SUNLIGHT OF THE MORNINGS SHOT THROUGH THE CURTAINS, MAKING NORA COVER HER EYES WITH HER RIGHT ARM AS SHE GOT UP ANDSTRETCHED. It was the first day of term break and a Saturday. Nora yawned and jumped out of her bed. She ran out of her room and quickly jumped down the stairs, startling poor Eren who was enthusiastically running down the stairs.

"Too slow, Eren," Nora called out teasingly.

"Am not!"

Eren and Nora happily ran to the kitchen, waiting to see their favourite maid making their favorite blueberry pancakes. They were greeted with a woman's back with long, flowy brunette hair who seemed occupied with the stove. She was wearing a friendly orange sweatshirt and jeans that became wider as it went down with a pink apron tied onto her waist.

"Sasha! Sasha!" Eren cheered as he hugged the woman's leg. The woman seemed to jerk up a bit before continuing with her work.

Nora rested her arms on the kitchen counter and rested head on them, chuckling at her brother's actions, "Don't pester her, Eren, she's cooking."

"Sasha! Are you making your signature blueberry pancake?" Eren grinned as he continued shaking the woman's leg.

The woman then let out a small laugh as she turned around, "I'm not Sasha,"

The woman kneeled to match the height of the child hugging behind her.

"Hi there!"

"You're not..." Eren started.

The woman's smile fades away as she hummed in response, signaling him to continue. Her blue eyes showing off a hint of confusion.

"...Sasha?"

"Of course not!" The woman gave the child a close-eyed smile and patted his head as she kneeled to match his height, "I'm Alice Wynn!"

Eren's facial expression changed drastically as he backed away, not taking his eyes off Alice. Nora noticed her brother's strange appearance and raised her head from her arms in awareness, eyeing her brother. Eren has never been like this.

"Who are you?" Eren asked, his voice cracking.

"I told you, I'm Alice," Alice smiled, reaching her hand to caress the boy, "what's wrong—"

Eren slapped the woman's hand away rudely as he continued to back away, "What have you done to Sasha?"

Nora stood up from her seat, "Eren," she warned.

"Did you steal her skin?" Eren blurted, fear written all over his face.

Nora mentally facepalmed herself. It is at this moment she realized, allowing her brother to watch The Texas Chainsaw Massacre with her—even if he was so eager about it—was not only horrible but also an idiotic idea.

"Gee-golly, Eren, you airhead," Nora muttered under her breath as she walked to her brother, narrowing her eyes at him, "get off the gas, will ya?"

Eren pressed his lips to a thin line and looked down at his feet.

"Sorry about him," Nora chuckled, ruffling her brother's hair, "he just watched a thriller movie yesterday about body snatchers."

Alice giggled and waved her hand, "It's fine, really! He's just a kid, anyways."

"Well, you do look similar to our previous maid," Nora said, raising her eye level to meet the woman's eye level.

"I have a doppelganger! Interesting!" Alice clasped her hands together cheerfully, "I've got to meet her sometime, maybe take a pic or two, ya know?"