Chapter 2

Heyyyy...So here is my idea of Parker Gulman, the yummy, green eyed beauty Jeremy Sumpter. I hope that you like this chapter!

~Tanesha~

Yawing and stretching as the cold morning day started was my wake up rotuine. The sun was shinning brightly against my face even through the blanket I had on. I quickly did a search of my belongings and was satisfied that everything was in tact. At least in the alley next to the bin I was semi warm from the cold windy night and thankfully the day did not start out freezing cold. I blinked staring in front of me waking myself up. The wind was a bit nippy today but I've been through worse.

Packing up my belongings I decided to head over to the coffee shop at the corner to get something to warm me up for the day. Making sure everything was inside my pack I zipped up my coat to the hilt and treaded off to the shop. I took deep breaths and tried to semi make my short hair look a little better then what it probably did. I grabbed my red winter cap and pulled it down on my head keeping my head warm. Today was going to be a day that I didn't want to cry myself to depression I did not want to do that again today. Hopefully George and I can get to a shelter today, the odds are not likely but we need to try.

As I entered the shop people began to stare which I was used to but I ignored them and went up to the counter pulling out my money and ordering a cup of black coffee, the caffeine would help keep my body warm for the day. The girl taking my order seemed really sweet she kept smiling at me with her perfect smile. Her brown hair was pulled back into a ponytail. She told me the amount and I handed her the money but she shook her head saying, "On the house, or me really. Keep your money and save it all up."

"Really."

She nodded, "I've seen you a couple times before and I mean I do not want you to waste your money on this."

She was really nice, "Thank you."

She smiled and handed me my coffee in a large cup, "Enjoy Sir."

"Parker."

She smiled again, "Enjoy Parker."

I nodded and walked out of the shop not knowing what else to do, no one had ever been that nice to me since I came to living on the streets. I do wish I were straight so I could have a normal life and maybe I could get to know her better but I am gay and there is nothing I can do about it. I started walking to the shelter but stopped when I saw George on a bench. I sat down next to him. "What's up George?" He looked up and smiled. George and I have been friends ever since my first day here, he showed me how things worked especially at night. He taught me to keep my things close and out of others hands. It scares me to realize that George is 50 and still living on the streets, he has been since he was 30 after losing his big time job at a law firm, his wife left him taking his son with him and he didn't have any means of finding them no matter how much he wanted to.

"Nothing just a little more tired than usual today."

I frowned, "Let's walk over to the shelter to try to get a place for you." He nodded grabbing his stuff and walking next to me to the shelter. I took one last drink of my coffee and handed it to George knowing he needs it more than I do and he accepted it gladly. Once we got to the shelter we waited in a short line thankfully since we were here early. We chatted some about nothing in particular till we got to the front. The woman in front of us held a clipboard and a pen. She is a black woman with plenty of curves to spark interest in most men she was medium height with dark brown curly hair. She was wearing a heavy black coat and thick boots to keep her warm. She looked up at the both of us, "There is only room for one more for today."

Damn, "He will go, his name is George."

The woman nodded letting George walk through. He looked back, "Are you sure Park."

I smiled, "You need it more than I do, stay warm and I will see you tomorrow." He nodded and tried to hand the coffee back to me but I shook my head. "No you keep it. Go inside and keep warm."

"Bye Park, and thank you."

I smiled brightly and turned walking away. Damn this sucks if this place is already packed then everywhere else would be too. Sighing I decided to stop off at Lazlos hopefully Jack would be there. Thirty minutes later I was being ushered to the kitchen sink. "Wash up Parker."

I nodded and did as told. Jack was the cook at Lazlos and had known my dad and always took pity on me feeding me when I showed up which was only a couple times a week. After my hands were washed he sat me down at a small table in the back and sat a large plate of food in front of me. There were 3 enchiladas with two sides of rice and beans cheese and enchilada sauce was everywhere. He also gave me a tall glass of water to wash the delicious food down. I would always come into Lazlos before it opened so it wasn't too much of a hastle. I quickly scarfed down all the food on the plate and did the dishes knowing that it was the least I could do for the hospitality. "Thank you Jack."

"No problem young one. Stay in here for awhile and warm up. You can go and get clean in the bathroom."

That sounded great, "I will definitely take you up on that offer." I walked to the bathroom and locking the door then I stripped out of my clothes and lathered up my body with soap the best I could and rinsed myself off the dried myself with the driers in the bathroom. Placing the old clothes in my pack I grabbed my only other longsleeved shirt and thick pants and pulled them on. I washed my face and hair last then tried to style my hair the best I could. Walking out of the bathroom I felt a bit fresher thankfully. But it would not last long and I knew it. I hung out at the restaurant for a couple more hours talking with Jack and the other staff until I decided it was time to go.

I decided to start heading back to my place it was getting dark and I knew there were going to be tons on people crowding my place. But I wanted to stop off at the square to see if the tree was up, it took an hour or so but it was worth it because the beautiful tree stood tall and basked in its own glory. I sat down on a bench and just stared at it. Minutes passed and I decided it was time. I knew of a shortcut so deciding not to waste more time I decided to cut across the park and then across a parking lot. The park was a sinch, it is getting colder and more breezy. I saw the big parking lot that I was looking for and began crossing it not paying any attention. I say lights in the corner of my eye so I turned around and screamed as the expensive car came to a screeching halt. My heart was pounding hard and fast in my chest, it took at least a full minute for me to breath again. Meanwhile a man was talking to me bit I was to wrapped up in almost being hit by a car that I couldn't really hear him. I almost died by a car. This is why I don't do shortcuts.