a cure // part sixteen

I keep forgetting that this isn't vidalia's story (my rising of the shield hero oc), so I think that jewel can only hold weapon and then I'm like no, she can.

I don't know what this chapter has become.

also, spoilers for non-manga readers and anime watchers(?), a character that has yet to be properly introduced into the anime is making an appearance in this chapter.

I didn't know how to end it so I ended it terribly.

that's it.

[third person pov]

word count: 16,262

"You know you don't need to continue helping us out, Jewel. We've got it covered." Yuno said, watching as she lifted up the shattered piece of a building so the people trapped under it could get free, the other Golden Dawn members who were around helping were just taken aback at her strength, even Bell was blown away at how strong she was without needing the help of her magic at all "All we really needed is your senpai with the Spatial Magic to move the people we got captured away." she just smiled at Yuno as she set the debris down, everyone having jumped at least a inch off the ground when she placed it down, showing them just how heavy it was.

"What are you saying, Yuno?" she flexes her muscles before slamming her hand down onto her bicep "I would be no Magic Knight if I were to abandon those who are in need of help, plus, I wouldn't even have the heart to do so." he chuckled softly, watching as she knelt down and offered her hand to a woman, helping her to her feet before healing her.

"That's right, I asked a silly question." the two of them smile at each other before they continued to aid the civilians and defeat any other stray Diamond Soldiers that were laying around, Yuno watched as Jewel clicked her tongue while shaking her head in disappointment at a few Magic Knights, ones who the Green Praying Mantis and Purple Orca, were just lazing around rather than helping out "Jewel?" she shook her head.

"It's pathetic too see that some people only joined the Magic Knights to make themselves feel as if they're better than everyone that isn't someone of great importance. To think they're able to get away with everything they've done, because they're a Magic Knight." she sneers at them "It irritates me that there a barely a few who really fight for the Clover Kingdom rather than selfishly raising their ranks for themselves." Yuno nodded his head, patting her shoulder.

"Though, I'm pretty sure majority of those people who do fight for the Kingdom are in your Squad, aren't they?" Jewel then pauses at that, thinking back to all the Black Bulls' who recklessly fought to protect others, she then smiled softly at that before patting his head.

"I guess you're right. They're even a few reliable people in your Squad as well, Yuno." he nods.

"Ones that even I want to protect." she smiles.

"Even more than me?" he chuckles at that and cups her cheek, rubbing his thumb against her cheek and earning a slightly blush from the both of them.

"Not even in the slightest. You'll always be first, then Asta, then them, then me." she coos at that, placing her hand on top of his.

"Aw~ that's sweet, you even placed Asta ahead of you, Yuno, even though you prefer to always be ahead of Asta." he lowers his hand but Jewel made sure they were still holding hands, to which he really liked.

"Well, even though we're rivals, I'd still hate it if Asta were to get hurt, especially if I was around, because I know that I have the ability to protect him you do with us, Jewel." she then frowned, he tilts his head to the side and gives her hand a light squeeze "Jewel? What's the matter?" she slowly started crying, leaning her forehead against his.