First Chapter

January of 1743 - Scotland - Inverness               As the light entered the windows, her eyes slowly opened adjusting to the scenario around. The small cabin where she was hiding was damaged, mostly because of the lack of care of the owner and also the endless fights against time and termites. The young woman hoped to be living a dream, but two weeks passed since that nightmare started and nothing made sense anymore. In her head, she was constantly trying to find an answer, but every passing day it seemed she went mad. How she could wake up in a different time? Surrounded by people dressed in costumes that she only have seen in her history books and movies. Isabella was lost in her thoughts again when heard the sound of horses, and male voices started to get closer and closer.               It was possible to hear them speaking outside, about how they saw smoke in that region begore the sunset and they claimed their enemies were hiding in the woods. The only thing she found inside a small wardrobe was a dark green cloak that clearly belonged to a man, since her figure was lost inside the large amount of fabric made to fit in someone taller and physically stronger. But it was enough to keep her warm, since her dark dress and long coat wouldn't do much in the cold nights. She moved to under the table carrying her belongs and used the hood to hide her pale face. She thought about running through the window, but could hear their voices from all sides, including in the back.             After some time discussing, a man that seemed to be their leader claimed that was sure someone was hiding inside the old cabin. Raising his voice, he tried to give a chance to the person or people inside to surrend theirselves. Isabella knew that there was no way of escaping, but yet she was only a woman about to be surrounded by men that never saw before. The door was opened and she closed her eyes hoping for the worst. A man with fair skin and orange hair just grabbed her arm without any kindness, forcing her to go outside and reveal herself, keeping his arm around her neck. He simply pulled the hood down and revealed her raven hair and light blue eyes that dennounced her fear.

- It's a woman, my lord - He explained still holding her tightly.

- Let go of her - The man with dark hair replied without hesitation with his scottish accent - She's a woman, we are not monsters.

- And what the hell we will do? We don't know her, shall we just let her leave? - The one standing besides him in his dark horse asked with a suspicious gaze towards her.

Their leader stopped touching his jaw for a moment, the woman seemed to be too young and had a lost gaze. Somehow he felt she was a victim of the english attacks, perhaps someone that lost their parents or even husband. He dismounted his horse rather quickly and approached carefully lifting his hands, showing that was no threat. As he got closer, it became more clearly the woman's face feature before his eyes. Even without much care or a expensive dress, her ethereal beauty paralyzed him for a moment, but his glare changed to his own boots when noticed that was staring way too much.

- I'm Joseph Pierce, my lady - He introduced himself watching how she seemed nervous - I believe you are scared and I shall not blame you, things have been hard, but...I suppose you will feel more delightful to speak with my mother, her names it's Angela Pierce.

He gave a small pause hovering his eyes on her, under that old cloak filled with holes caused by moths, I was possible to see that she was wearing a short dress. He never saw a woman wearing one, so his curious eyes widen slightly before focus again, cleaning his throat.

- You can go with me in my horse... - He offered and still didn't had any reaction from her - Do you desire to ask me anything?