Kidnapped [Completed] (Contest writing)

I stumbled around in the dark not knowing where to go. One hand covering the gunshot over my arm. The right sleeve was soaked in blood and there was a profound smell of iron and sweat.

I was out of breath and extremely exhausted, but I had to keep running, I had to find my way out of this mess. Constant footsteps behind me came closer and closer.
I found my way inside a dimly moonlit room and ducked behind what looked like an old study desk.

Tears rolled down my eyes as the excruciating pain shot up my arm. I ripped off the sleeve and tied it around and over the injury to stop the bleeding, nearly screaming in agony. but I had to keep my presence unnoticed.

Suddenly a flashlight's beam entered the room and I heard someone's heavy boot hit the wooden floor. I brought a hand over my mouth still in fear and terror.

The person laughed menacingly. It was a Man.
"I know you're in here," they said in a somewhat pitchy voice "come out and show me your pretty face"

I kept extremely still. I fought all the urges to run away or scream and shout for help. Even though I knew no one would hear my calls at this desolated place.

"Where are you hiding missy?" the man said. And then there was a loud crash sounding like a sofa or chair being turned over. Followed by glass shattering, loud crashing and shoveling as stuff was thrown on the floor. He was looking for me.

I cupped my mouth trying not to panic. The footsteps came closer and closer to where I was hiding. My heart was pounding in my chest and I had trouble breathing.

Only a few inches away now, if the man points his flashlight down, ill be seen and shot in seconds. He took another step forward but suddenly stopped as someone else came barging in the room.

"For Christ sake, what are you doing in here?" The other man said angrily "kage found someone upstairs. He wants us all there"

"But I heard something here" the first men replied with a quiver "I -"

"There's nothing here you dumb weasel," the second man said "and do you wanna get shot too? Turning this place upside down? Get upstairs now!"

"But I-" the first man continued.

"Shut up and move I say!" The second man said furiously "dead or alive, she will be coming with me, I just need to be quick in finding her. Hurry your ass up!"

The two men leave the room and the footsteps slowly fade away.

I sit there breathing heavily and wiping the blinding tears out my eyes. I never felt such fear before, knowing that I was about to die.
I need to escape somehow. But the bad man were everywhere, how am I supposed to escape?

"Psst, Aurora? you in here?" I hear someone whisper my name. Someone I know and trust.