~CHAPTER 6~

T. A. 2941
Trollshaws and Plains of Rhudaur

𝕀 felt numb all over as the current of the river carried me further away from home with every second. I was surrounded with water as my senses started to awake again.

The longer time passed, more conscious a became and that's when the pain started registering in my mind. It was so overwhelming that I wished I was dead, but obviously, I was not so fortunate. Slowly everything begun coming back, the screaming, my adar's words, even an image of an evil creature that attacked me. It was burned in my mind as a painful reminder of my foolishness. It's horrid stench, yellow teeth, the sound of a bow string being pulled back-

I was shot. That's when the pain was coming from. It quickly registered in my mind that I was extremely vulnerable in this state, so I swam to the shore and from there made my way into the forest.

It was incredible to look at. The tall trees and the birds loudly chirping in delight, because of the upcoming spring. I dragged myself deeper into the forest but soon, everything started spinning and my legs got wobbly. I grabbed a tree trunk for support and lowered myself to the ground.

Is this really how it all ends? Am I really going to succumb to one single arrow and join my neneth in undying lands just like that?

A quiet rustling of the leaves pulled me out of my thoughts and I stated hyperventilating in fright. The noise was getting louder and louder till it sounded like it was right behind the bush.

A shadow was cast over me as I whimpered and pushed myself flat against the tree. I pulled my knees to my body but a second later regretted it, as a searing pain shot through my abdomen and I let out a small cry.

I'm dead. I'm so dead.

I shut my eyes close as tears started spilling out of them in silver streams. I just hoped that it won't hurt. Quick, painless death, that's all I'm asking for. I grid my teeth and waited for the impact of a sword or an arrow, but it never came. Instead a pair of shoes appeared in my line of sight.

"And who might you be, little one? Now, now, don't be frightened, I won't hurt you," said an elderly voice. It didn't sound evil or anything so I opened my eyes and looked at the person in front of me.

He wore long grey robes and a big pointy hat. Half of his face was hidden behind his silver, bushy beard so I reckoned that his hair would be also silver. In hand he held a long wooden staff.

A Wizard.

"Promise?" I asked in a trembling voice still a little doubtful, for even though he was a Wizard, I didn't know a single thing about him. But on the other hand, father did order me to find Olorin...

He sensed my hesitation so he smiled one of the kindest smiles I ever saw, which I slowly but gladly returned, and nodded his head.

"I promise."

_____

Fanyawen was pulled out of her dreams, well more like memory, by something hitting her leg. She opened her eyes and saw Kili repeatedly bumping his head against her ankles. When he saw she was awake, he smiled a relived smile, and loudly exhaled.

She tried to move a bit, as her broken wing hurt in the position she was in, but quickly realised, that her hands and legs were tied tightly together. She looked around and saw that half of the company was with her on the ground, put in sacks, and the other half, tied to a wooden pole with fire burning under it.