~CHAPTER 7~

T. A. 2941
Imladris

"𝔽anyawen," said Elrond. He dismounted his horse and quickly made his way to her. He wrapped her into a hug, careful, not to move the arrow still imbedded in her shoulder.

After a while he pulled away and looked between her eyes and the arrow, asking permission to pull it out. Fanyawen just nodded, so he gripped it tightly, pulled and, once it was out, threw it on the ground. He was quite amazed, for Fanyawen made no sound during the whole process.

"Once we return to Rivendell I'll treat it properly. Now, what are you doing here?" He asked her and continued, "And with Orcs tracking you, nonetheless."

"You'll see when we get home," she said and winked to him. Elrond chuckled at her childish antics, for even though she was almost three thousand years old she sometimes, still acted like a child.

"Ok, how do we get there?" Asked Fanyawen.

"Won't you fly?" Asked her Elrond in response, a bit confused about the fact, she wasn't intending on flying there. Fanyawen sighed and as slowly, as carefully as she could, spread her left wing.

"No can do," she said. Elrond immediately saw where was the problem, nodded and said, "If you wish you can ride with me or any of my soldiers."

Fanyawen didn't respond, just moved behind him and effortlessly mounted his stallion. Elrond was quick to copy her actions and seated himself before her. With that done he looked at his group.

"Na Imladris," (to Rivendell) Elrond called to them and so they moved. The ride wasn't long as they crossed the grass fields and in a matter of minutes they were already inside the borders of the Hidden Valley.

"Ihôn rass," (sound the horn) ordered Peredhel to one of his soldiers. That's when something popped into Fanyawen's mind.

"My Lord, there's something you should know..." she started.

"Do tell, Fanyawen,"

"I wasn't exactly travelling alone," she said in an amused tone. Only response she got was a deep sight of annoyance at which she grinned.

As they were crossing the bridge she could already hear the Dwarves grunting and shuffling so she poked her head from behind Elrond to see them. When the troupe finally came to the stone courtyard they started circling around the Dwarves. They stopped after a few circles, so Fanyawen and Elrond dismounted, each on on one side of the horse. Fanyawen purposely hid behind the animal, for she did not want them knowing she was there, just yet.

"Lindir, go' vann Elladan a Elrohir. Cuinwe, i ae anírahîn an suilent, est si," (Lindir, go fetch Elladan and Elrohir. Someone, who they may want to see, is here) then he paused and looked at Gandalf.

"Gandalf," he called.

"Lord Elrond. Mellonen! Mó evínedh?" (My friend! Where have you been?) he asked. He didn't bother asking if Elrond found Fanyawen, because of his earlier conversation.

"Farannem 'lamhoth i undul o charad. Dagannem rim na Iant Vedui. Strange for Orcs to come so close to our borders. Something, or someone, has draw them near," (we've been hunting a pack of Orcs that came up from the south. We slew a number near the Last Bridge) he answered with a knowing glint in his eyes.

"Ahh. That may have been us," explained Gandalf. By the looks of it, he wasn't feeling guilty. No not at all, in fact, he was quite smug.

That's when Thorin stepped forth, representing the whole company as their leader.