𝗶. the night before.

AFFINITY;
chapter one.

     MAEVE LEE was somewhere she didn't recognize, everything around her in a hazy hue of light pink, a color she would be caught dead wearing

MAEVE LEE was somewhere she didn't recognize, everything around her in a hazy hue of light pink, a color she would be caught dead wearing. She groaned, cursing while she tried to find any clue that would help her figure out where she was. "Not again, oh come on." She muttered as her eyes flitted around nervously, noticing the familiar branches and trees of the woods in Beacon Hills. Maeve Lee looked down, realizing she was still in her pajamas and unfortunately barefoot, but when she looked back up, her eyes widened when she saw the strange sight directly across from her.

There was now a clear divide between the pink side that she was on, and where her side ended, a golden-red shade covered the other side of the area of woods she was in. Maeve Lee noticed an enormous tree stump in the middle of it all, lighting up yellow and buzzing with energy, and instantaneously, her feet started to take her to it, despite her resistance.

Maeve Lee tried to go against it, feeling a pit of anxiety form in her stomach, but as she got closer she got to it, she realized that there was another person in the mass of golden-red. And it seemed like they were also being drawn by the "magical tree stump". The light breeze from before turned into a full-blown wind storm as the wind started to blow much harder, howling in her ears.

The two slowly advanced to the middle, almost face-to-face, and no matter how hard Maeve Lee squinted, the other figure's face was too blurry for her to decipher the identity. Suddenly she felt her legs give out, and she, along with the figure, was knocked onto their knees, kneeling in front of the tree stump. By now, the wind was so strong to the point where the dead leaves on the forest floor were swirling around in the air, and Maeve Lee had to put her hands out on the top of the tree stump to keep her balance.

That's when it got weirder.

Maeve Lee's hands locked onto the stump as if they were glued to it, and she tried to get out of it, noticing through the corner of her eyes the same dark figure trapped in the same position she was in. Then she felt a surge go up through her arms, feeling her arms burn as pink tendrils of what seemed like pure energy climbed up her arms. The pain was excruciating, and she felt as if her brain was on fire. She squeezed her eyes tightly, trying to take the pain, but it became too much for her to handle.

She opened her eyes widely, and she knew something wrong with them. Her eyes felt like they were buzzing as her vision slowly changed color to the shade of pink around her. Through her blurry vision, the figure in front of her staring at her with golden irises.

The sky boomed with thunder as the wind picked up even more speed, and Maeve Lee let out a blood-curdling scream, and at the same time, the unknown figure let out an animalistic roar that rattled her to her core, thunder booming and lightning striking.