Dumbledore's Decision

A/N: Happy Easter to all you wonderful people!!! So sorry this is a tad late. It's been a crazy week full of roommate drama, end of semester projects, and trying not to fail at life. I'm in college, so everything is online now, meaning we never leave our apartment and it is SO HARD TO CARE ABOUT SCHOOL haha. But anyways, here is me not failing my classes and also posting the next chapter of Let it Be Slytherin! 

Hope you all had a peaceful Easter and are staying safe out there <3 

0 8

Early morning found Harry again at Dumbledore's office. Waking up this early had at least ensured his successful avoidance of his housemates. He knocked aggressively on Dumbledore's door and this time, the door opened.

"Why hello, Harry," Dumbledore greeted warmly, holding a golden cup of tea. "I thought I would be seeing you. Come in." Dumbledore's cheeriness only spiked Harry's temper, and he glared openly at Dumbledore, who opened the door widely and led Harry to his desk. Harry sat opposite him and gave the old man a frosty look. Dumbledore seemed off put by Harry's manners and frowned. "Now, how can I help you, my boy?"

Harry bristled at the my boy and cut straight to the chase.

"Professor, I know the hat sorted me into Slytherin. But I am a Gryffindor — I was sorted a Gryffindor when I was eleven and I drew Godric Gryffindor's sword out of the hat when I was twelve fighting a basilisk. There is no one — no one— more Gryffindor than me."

Dumbledore's eyebrows shot up at the word basilisk and he twined his fingers together thoughtfully.

"Mr. Fletcher, I understand if you are not satisfied with your sorting—" he began.

"Not. Satisfied." Harry interrupted slowly. Dumbledore's white eyebrows shot up. Clearly he was not used to being treated like this by students. "Not satisfied would be getting sorted into Hufflepuff. Not satisfied would be living in Gryffindor with my parents thinking I'm the strange new kid. But Slytherin? This must be a mistake. The entire reason I'm here is to live in Gryffindor Tower and get to know my parents!"

"Mr. Potter." Dumbledore said sharply. Harry went quiet but he didn't cool off. "I do not know our relationship in the future, but here you are my student and I am your headmaster. You will show me some respect."

Harry exhaled slowly. He had not expected for Dumbledore to fight back on this and to be quite honest, he was shocked at the rebuke. Dumbledore never chastened him. Hell, Harry had thrown things in his office during fifth year and Dumbledore had taken it. Harry was so used to being the Chosen One, whose opinions mattered, who could act as he pleased, that now that he was a regular student he was frustrated. Frustrated at this Dumbledore, and even more frustrated at his Dumbledore, who had failed to mention this essential detail.

Dumbledore waited for an apology. Harry glared back. He wasn't going to get one. 

Dumbledore cleared his throat and continued. "Moreover, your request is quite peculiar."

"Peculiar?" Harry said, fighting his temper. "Perhaps you should read your letter again. Dumbledore must have mentioned this part of the plan."

"Mr. Fletcher." Dumbledore said sharply. Harry nodded in irritation. "The letter does mention your sorting. In exquisite detail, actually."

Harry nodded. "Excellent. Then you'll move me to Gryffindor?"

Dumbledore shook his head. "Unfortunately, no." He said.

Harry leaned forward, his eyes narrow. "Explain." He said.