Chapter Eleven

The A-List doctor finally came. He first bandaged up Samuel, then put a bandage on Yohee's jaw, and went to the basement to check on Min-joon's bruised hands. After the doctor had a lengthy conversation with Manager Kyung, he left. A second later, Manager Kyung came back upstairs with Min-joon and gathered everyone in the living room. Aimee and Melissa were still around, so they came into the living room, too.

         "Dr. Choi said everyone will be fine," Manager Kyung said, diving straight into what everyone was wondering. "No one's bones were broken. Everything was just bruises."

         Sighs of reliefs and nervously laughter sounded throughout the full living room.

         "However," Manager Kyung's tone turned serious. "Samuel has a lot of bruising to his face, and—while with time and regular check-ups with Dr. Choi his face will return to normal—his face will not be completely back to normal by the TopLists music awards or by the first leg of our world tour. Min-joon and Yohee should be fine by then, but not Samuel."

         Small gasps and murmurs flooded the living room.

         Jer watched as Samuel gave a brief, mean side-eye to Min-joon. Min-joon, on the other hand, was looking away from everyone else at nothing in particular.

         "But, but," Manager Kyung raised his hands, and the noises died down. "Luckily, Dr. Choi thinks that make-up should cover up any bruises he or Min-joon or Yohee will still have."

         Cheerful murmurs rose from the worried ones.

         Manager Kyung turned to the two ladies standing in the corner. "Aimee...Melissa, it's getting late, and I'm sure you both want to get home. Thank you for your help today, by the way."

         "Yes, thank you," Samuel smiled at Aimee and Melissa.

         Yohee said his thanks as well as he hugged Aimee and side-hugged Melissa.

         "Yohee and I are going to walk them out to their car. The rest of you stay here. We still have stuff to talk about, so don't go anywhere." With that comment, Yohee and Manager Kyung left with Aimee and Melissa.

         When the four of them were gone, the living room became dead silent and the six AKA members looked around at each other.

         Taiyang broke the silence by asking no one in particular about what Manager Kyung still needed to talk to them about.

         As Jimmy quietly spoke his theories, Jer noticed that Min-joon was looking at him from his lone spot across the room in a chair near no one. Jer looked back at Min-joon slightly nervous. Min-joon smiled mischievously and winked. Jer wondered why Min-joon's smile was mischievous, but he smiled back anyway.

         I guess this means Min-joon isn't mad at me. So that's good, Jer thought.

         Jer kept looking at Min-joon because he felt like Min-joon was going to do something else. Sure enough, Min-joon began to open in mouth, but immediately stopped when Yohee and Manager Kyung re-entered the living room.

         Manager Kyung must have noticed Min-joon because as soon as the manager entered the living room, he gave Min-joon a warning look.

         Min-joon returned to his emotionless state and looked away.

         Jer looked away from Min-joon was well. As Jer did so, he noticed another pair of eyes looking at him. Jer turned to Brandon, who was sitting next to him and looking at him suspiciously. Jer decided to not look at anyone like Min-joon.