𝐢. late night adventures and the new girl

⚕

"HELL NO STILES!" NATI SAID TO HER BEST FRIEND.

Her back was to him and she was picking out an outfit for school.

"What do you mean? There is half a dead body out there and you don't want to find it? Come on, Nat," Stiles pleaded.

Nati sighed. "Stiles I have lacrosse tryouts tomorrow. I really want to keep my place as co-coach. There is absolutely no way in hell I'm going with you."

Nati had no idea how she got there. There she was walking through Beacon Hills Preserve in the middle of the night. Stiles had to bribe Nati with Chick-fil-A to get her there.

"We're seriously doing this?" Scott asked.

"I agree, are we seriously doing this?" Nati shivered and pulled her jacket closer.

"You're the one always bitching that nothing ever happens in this town." Stiles said to Scott.

"I was trying to get a good night's sleep before practice tomorrow." Scott whined. Nati scoffed

"Right, 'cause sitting on the bench is such a grueling effort." Stiles said making Nati laugh.

Scott rolled his eyes at his best friends. "No, because I'm playing this year. In fact, I'm making first line."

"Hey, that's the spirit. Everyone should have a dream, even a pathetically unrealistic one," Nati said as she carefully walked through the preserve.

"Just out of curiosity, which half of the body are we looking for?" Scott asked

"Huh! I didn't even think about that." Stiles said. Nati whipped her heads towards him.

"What?" She asked stopping. Her comment was ignored by both boys causing her to run to catch up with them.

"And, uh, what if whoever killed the body is still out here?" Scott asked. Nati's worry raised up by the passing second.

"Also something I didn't think about."

"It's- comforting to know you've planned this out with your usual attention to detail." Nati told Stiles as they climbed a hill. Nati saw that Scott was falling behind and walked down the hill to him.

"I know."

"Maybe the severe asthmatic should be the one holding the flashlight, huh?" Scott wheezed. He leaned against a tree with Nati beside him rubbing his shoulder. Scott shook his inhaler as he and Nati climbed up the hill, tripped, and then fell right next to Stiles.