Chapter 1: Meeting

15 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘢𝘨𝘰...
"𝘖𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘶𝘱𝘰𝘯 𝘢 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦, 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘸𝘰 𝘵𝘺𝘱𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘔𝘦𝘳-𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘎𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘵-𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘯.
𝘉𝘰𝘵𝘩 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘴 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘦𝘥, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘔𝘦𝘳-𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘯 𝘳𝘶𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘎𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘵-𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘯 𝘳𝘶𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘥..𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘶𝘯𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘎𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘵-𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘯 𝘥𝘦𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘸𝘢𝘳 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘔𝘦𝘳-𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘯, 𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘣𝘰𝘵𝘩 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘦, 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘤𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘣𝘰𝘵𝘩 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘴 𝘣𝘦 𝘢𝘵 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦..."     
"𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘸𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘎𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘵-𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘯'𝘴 𝘳𝘰𝘺𝘢𝘭𝘴." 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳, 𝘋𝘶𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘊𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘭. "𝘚𝘰, 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘰𝘰 𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘦! 𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘢𝘨𝘦, 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘴." 𝘏𝘦𝘳 𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘢𝘥𝘭𝘺. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 𝘩𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳, 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘶𝘯𝘢𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘴𝘶𝘱𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘥𝘭𝘺 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘦𝘳. 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴, 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘥𝘮𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘥.

The monotonous sound of the coach carried Nene to land. She was the daughter of the Duchess Coral, and the supposed bride of the King of the Ghost-clan's oldest son. She always knew this would come for her. But the gist of it still shocked her. She stopped looking at the nearby surroundings as the coach went to a stop. She still couldn't get the fact of her being chosen as a bride of the heir to the throne! I mean, lots of girls were prettier than her! What she didn't know was that she actually was pretty, only she just had very fat ankles in her human form, studded with pink scales. The coach, FINALLY, stopped. The young footman, her close friend Kou, helped her as she set foot on the ground. Luckily, he was going to live with her too, as he was the butler as well back at the Duchess's castle. "Let's go, 'm'lady'" he jokingly said to her, earning a laugh from her. Together, they went to the humongous Palace of the Dead. The place shocked her. She gazed at the beautiful murals of the palace walls. She ran a finger to one of the coral themed murals, sadness covering her eyes. "I see you are enjoying the murals, Miss Yashiro." a voice startled her. She evicted her gaze at the person looking talking to her. Kou as well. The man was definitely handsome, with smile lines crinkling on his face as he smiled at her sincerely, his amber eyes softening. She didn't need to know if he was the King or not. He radiated a kingly power. "O-oh! Yes, your highness!" She said, fumbling with her words. She shot a glance at Kou, who remained expressionless. The King chuckled. "Come now then, Miss Yashiro, I shall show you to my son, Amane." He turnt and started walking. She and Kou exchanged glances and followed him.
Later...
They came across a doorway studded with stars. The King knocked. "Coming,father." a faint voice replied. The door opened with a creaking noise. A boy, slightly shorter than her, stepped out of the room. He was an exact copy of his father! He wore a black tuxedo with a dark red bowtie. "I'll leave you in her care now, Amane." his sincere aura turning into a serious one. "Yes, father." The boy replied back. "Come in." The King walked away after.
In the room...
Both guests were admiring his room, amazed at the mini planetarium-themed walls and bed. "So um.." he said. Both guests flinched, apparantly both scared of him. A tinge of sadness and hurt went to him. Of course, he was the heir to the throne. The girl though, saw through this and immediately regretted it. "Oh my, I'm sorry..." she said sympathetically to him. His cheeks tinted faint pink he smiled, which seemed to relieve her. "I'm Amane Yugi, you're, uh, fiancé." "I'm Nene Yashiro and this is my friend and butler, Kou Minamoto." She replied brightly. "It's nice to meet you Your Highness." said the boy stiffly. Yashiro nudged him hard and whispered something to him. "Well, uh, what should we do?" inquired Yashiro, trying to change the subject. Finally! A chance to show them the wonders of his palace.
"I'll show you guys to the palace to get used to." He said. He held his palm to Yashiro. Her eyes widened. "Oh, right." she muttered, her face a faint red. The other boy followed curtly.

End of chapter 1.