Chapter 2: Realization

The longer he stared at the platinum haired girl, the more he got lovestruck by her. The way she laughed with his awkwardness made his heart leap and do a hundred jumping jacks. But when she smiled at that butler of hers, or either showed any bit of affection, he felt like he just wanted to push him and let Nene's affection go only to him. But when he settled on the idea of her being his future wife, he was so giddy and happy.

"AMANEEEE!!!" He heard the voice he knew and hated so well. His brother. He groaned. "Tsukasa, please keep your voice down!" Amane called back as the boy burst in his room. When he looked at the two guests, he saw that the both were looking at him and his twin. When he saw Kou and Nene, his look darkened. "Amane...mind telling me who are these people?" He said, his eyes black and a creepy smile plastered on his face. Amane sweatdropped at him. "T-This is my so-called fiancé, Nene Yashiro, and her Butler Minamoto Kou." He said with a makeshift smile. Tsukasa's mood immediately changed. "REALLY???!!!! I'LL HAVE TWO SISTERS NOW!!!" He screamed, grabbing Nene's hands, infuriating him more. "Lay off her, Tsukasa." He growled. Tsukasa's grin however, only widened as he hugged Nene more.

He grabbed Tsukasa's collar and took him away from a blushing Nene. He wrapped his arms around her waist and put on his cheeky grin at her and Tsukasa. "Besides, she's my fiancé, I have the right to her." He said. When he turnt to look at Nene, she was blushing from head to toe, which made him grin even more. "You're so flirty, why did I ever get engaged to you?!" She said, blushing profusely. He chuckled at her cuteness. "Cuz you're cute, duh." He cheekily said. "Um, Amane, Nene-neesan, get a room?" Inquired Tsukasa, grinning while Kou shouted for Amane to stop with his antics. He finally let go of Nene. She didn't speak for a while and then said words that made his heart shatter into a million pieces.

"We're just friends, and I don't even wanna marry him."

She said, exasperated. But her blush said the opposite. He laughed and she glared at him. "ANYWAY...!!" Tsukasa sang, interrupting Nene's deathly glares. Amane straightened himself, blushing. "Uh, yeah, I'll show you guys around." He said. "AND I'LL ACCOMPANY YOU LOVEBIRDS!!!" screamed Tsukasa. "Fine, let's go."

They were all at the dining room, since Nene had to stay there already, they were all silently dining, only subdued by Tsukasa's rambling. Within the castle, she had met the Librarian, Tsuchigomori, the Artist, Shijima Mei, the Time-keepers, Kako, Mirai, and Aoi Akane, the Castle guardian, Yako, the local priest, Shinigami, and the Mirror-keeper, Mitsuba. Apparantly they were all servants of the king and heir, who was the leader. She had also met Sakura and Natsuhiko, the butler and maid of Tsukasa. She was also going to have a maid named Aoi, and when they met they were great friends already. She made small talk to keep the King at his feet, as she didn't wanna be embarrassed by him, and the respective ding of the bell indicated that dinner was over. She was made to sleep in the room next to Amane, so she could get much space. When she entered, Aoi greeted her with a smile. Nene flashed a smile back, and noticed a box wrapped in silk at the table. "Hey Aoi, what's that box?" She said questioningly. "Oh, that's the box the king sent to you. A welcome gift, he said" she replied. Eyebrows furrowed, Nene opened the box and slowly, a smile plastered on her face. It was a sewing kit! She studied the kit's contents, smiling over each one. So, she decided to thank the King with making a little knickknack for him. She worked on it straight away, with Aoi marveling at her work.

1 day later....

"Hey, Sakura, don't you think the sewing kit was a little too simple?" Amane said, being nervous. "Oh, don't worry your Highness, she is going to like it." replied the monotonous tone of Tsukasa's maid. "Well..alright." He said, sweating nervously.

Meanwhile....

Nene knocked three times in the King's room. When he motioned a come in gesture, she immediately thanked him for the gift he gave to her. The King smiled good-naturally. "Ah, it is my pleasure to give it to you, Miss Yashiro, but it was Amane who thought of it, I suggest you thank him." He said. 'What?!' she thought. "Oh, Thank you for telling, Your highness, I'll give my regards." She smiled and went out the room.

"GAAAAAHHHH!!!!! WHY—WHY DID I HAVE TO THANK HIM?!" She mentally shouted under her breath. But because she really wanted to thank him, she went to his room.

KNOCK.KNOCK.KNOCK.

Amane wondered who was that. He asked Sakura to open the door for him. And then Nene came in.
"Um..Amane-kun...uh.." she avoided eye contact. 'She didn't like the gift.' I thought disappointingly. "T-Thank you for giving me the gift!" She said. This time she locked eyes with me. Showing me that beautiful smile of hers that always made my heart flutter. "I really liked it!" She chirped happily. "Oh-I-Uh..." I fumbled with my words. 'Idiot!!!!' I screamed to myself. I could see Sakura trying hard not to laugh, her face twisted in a scowl and a half smile. "Amane-kun?" Nene continued. Her voice jolted me out of reality. "Anyways..." She said, making me curious. She brought out a little plush of the moon behind her back. Seeing it, I gasped at her. She smiled again. "This is for you, as thanks for the gift!" She said to me. I could feel my blush creep to my face. "T-thanks...Nene.." I said, looking away from her. "Well, there! I have to leave now Amane-kun!" She said happily, pleased at my reaction, and skipped away. Once she was out of earshot, Sakura burst out laughing. I glared at her, blushing. "You really do love her, don't you? You fell head over heels for her once you met her." She told me.
Yes. I finally admit. I fell for a girl who was never in my league in the first place.

End of chapter 2