Chapter 4: Danger ahead!

Kou.
If his heart could stop beating and get pierced by a hundred needles, over and over, that was what he felt now. 'Damn it!' He mentally screamed at himself over and over again. He swore to god that whoever took his senpai, and his princess (romantically and vice versa) he would kill them with a swipe of his staff. He told Amane about it, and he was to be summoned to the king to see what had happened. But he had to go to Amane first. Which is what he did. Walking down the hall, he reached Amane's room, all the while trying to resist the urge to kick Amane in the face since he couldn't get to her first. He went in, and saw Amane with his hands buried in his face. The two maids, both Nene's friends, Aoi and Sakura, were comforting him. No. Just Sakura. Aoi was hiccuping and crying while stroking Amane's shoulders. "Oi, Amane." He finally said. The said boy looked up. "Kou." The boy took note of the snarl in his voice. "What happened?" Amane Said. "I-I don't know, I had to be assisting a guest at the ball when I was supposed to go to Senpai, I saw a note with a rose lined on it addressed to you." He merely said. "Tch. Lemme see the letter." Amane said. Kou hesitantly handed it to him.

The note read:

To the king and heir,
We have the heir's fiancé. We want you to give your most valuable treasure, and give it to us. If not, that girl is going to be dead by the prince's birthday.

"Who would do this terrible thing?" Said Aoi, voicing out our thoughts. But I knew what to do. I was going to save Senpai no matter what.
Meanwhile...
Nene.
I woke up in a room. It's not quite as fancy my original bedrooms, but fancy enough. "Oh, you're awake." the white-cloaked figure said. Wait. "Where am I?! What did you do to me?!" I said. The figure removed his mask. I was shocked. 'So..so handsome!' I thought to myself, blushing. "I'm sorry for the late introduction, Yashiro-san." The figure said. "I am Teru Minamoto, a human." Nene's eyes widened. A human. That's rare. She had experiences with them, such as Kou. Teru, who sensed her shock, "Yes, a human." "Then  why are you alive? Who's your contractor?" Nene answered. Yes, she was a hopeless romantic, however, that doesn't tell the whole story. Aside from her fancies of hot guys, she is a smart girl, and as a child, would often solve puzzles with Kou in her room. She knew about the war that caused her to be in this situation. But it was only her clan who knew the existence of humans. They were the secret of the Mer-clan. Long ago, the Human Clan used to be residing in all forms of this world. There were two kinds, Ordina humans and Unordina humans. Ordina humans are humans who have no powers possessed to them. Meanwhile, Unordina humans were humans were those who had energy, called 'En' which they possessed. There were whispers, rumors, that it was the humans fault why both clans were in war. But then. 'Minamoto'... isn't that... "Are..are you... Kou's brother?" Nene asked. She noticed he smiled kindly at her, which replaced his earlier's aura. "Yes, and I wanted to thank you, actually. Your clan helped him and us humans when the Ghost-clan destroyed our living." He said, and when the mention of the Ghost-clan was brought up, he clenched his fist. "I will make them pay."