Chapter 16

Trigger warning : smut

Dickon's ship

The night went by too fast for both Elizabeth and Declan. He woke up well passed after midnight, but not yet morning because it was still dark out. Harp could see it through the round shaped window over the bed.

At first he was confused as why he woke, but then found Liz on her side watching him. Her graceful fingers tracing circles on his chest and smiling at him.

"Can't sleep?" He asked gruffly, his voice hoarse from sleep but he moved his arm so that she could lay her head on it.

"No," she whispered and moved her head so that her lips could nip at his ear.

The sleep was gone from his thoughts as soon as her teeth grazed his neck. He grinned and swiftly moved on top of her. Harp's lips grazed her cheeks, neck and collarbone. Liz responded with happy hums and fingertips that gently caressed his back.

"I love you," she murmured in his ear and Declan moved his head so he could see her face.

He smiled sincere and that told her everything she needed to know. The butterflies in her stomach were wild when Harp looked at her like that. His large hands came to rest beside her on the mattress and the grin on his face was playful.

He flipped her in one movement so Liz was on her stomach and felt his fingers roaming over her back. His lips were everywhere ; her neck, shoulders and lower back. Liz couldn't help it when her body moved out of instinct. She moved her hips backwards meeting his and Declan growled into her ear when he felt her.

With one movement of his hips, Harp entered her and stretched his arms so he could take a hold of her hands. Circling his fingers around hers, Declan started to move slowly at first. His lips in her neck tracing kisses and love bites all over her tender skin.

When Declan felt her ragged breathing picking up pace, the pulled her up with him so Liz could stay seated on his lap. Hand around her neck and the other on her stomach. He kept her close while Liz set the rhythmic pace for both of them.

"Come for me," he groaned into her ear when he felt his release coming close.

Two more deep thrusts from him and he felt Liz hold her breath. Her fingers clawed at his legs, not hurting him but finding something she could hold on too. Declan came right after her, whispering her name multiple times and his hands caressed her back gently.

He traced the white scars and when she glanced over her shoulder, a coy look danced in her gaze.

"Sorry to wake you."

He laughed, a warm sound coming deep from his chest before he kissed her lips.

"You can always wake me up," he replied and let her move off of him. "But now, I truly need some sleep."

The chuckle that reached his ears made his insides warm and when Liz lay down on her side, Declan moved next to her. She buried her face in the crook of his neck, circled one of her gorgeous legs around his hips and he pulled her into his arms.

They fell asleep together not much after.

To be awoken a few hours later by the sound of a crying baby who was hungry and didn't had the patience to wait.

After Tala was fed, Declan played with his daughter on the bed while Liz quickly got fully dressed. One of the pirates ordered them to have breakfast with the Captain in his quarters. And, apparently, the Pirate's Captain hated it when people were late.

It set a sour mood in the room immediately as Liz her face got red from anger.

"Tell him we will be there," she said, her chin high. "When we are ready," Elizabeth added.

Declan did his best not to roll his eyes by her stubbornness and instead focused on the happy five month old. Just an hour later, meaning they were half hour late, they entered the Captain's quarters. Declan carried Tala in his arms and felt Liz' nervousness next to him.

"Let him talk first," he told her. "Maybe he's an ally."

"Maybe," she had replied and glanced at him sideways. "Maybe not. We'll see."

Harp sighed and bit the inside of his cheeks. He was certain that Dickon didn't mean harm to them, or else he would have killed Fortuna and the others yesterday. Instead, the man had given them rooms and food. That's not something you do with people you're planning to get rid off. Besides, Liz was his sister.

And Declan was even more convinced by Dickon's loyalty to his sister when they entered his quarters. The man couldn't wait to get his hands on Tala. The sparkle in his eyes when Declan allowed Dickon to pick up the girl was evident. Even if Harp felt the sting of Liz' eyes in his neck, he didn't turn his head to face her.

"Look at you, sweet girl," Dickon hummed. "You look just like your mother when she was a tiny wee baby."

When Dickon tipped to top Tala's nose, he grinned. "Especially that little nose of yours."

"Stop it, Dickon," Liz suddenly spoke, patience running thin. "What the hell are you doing here and since when are you a pirate?"

Her brother glanced at Declan, gave him Tala back and snorted.

"So much for a family reunion."

He made his way to the table were there was wine, water and bread. With a hand gesture he offered them a seat and Declan felt the sudden hunger in his stomach.

"Sit, Elizabeth," Dickon ordered when she kept standing up. Arms crossed around her chest and eyes spitting fire. "Or I'll make you. Remember when you went tracking with us and needed to pee? And your dress got stuck..."

"Okay!" She yelled, her cheeks red with both embarrassment as anger. "Stop! I'll bloody sit down but you owe me an explanation."

Declan bit his bottom lip, wanted to know more but decided it was better to keep silent.

"And you owe me one," Dickon grinned, took a sip of his wine and then looked at Declan. "And I need to route. Where are we going? You're not sailing to Canada, that's entirely the wrong way."

"Cuba," Declan and Liz said in unison.

It was Harp who took the lead.

"My son might still be alive," he said and calmly told the story that got them here.