04 | puppy love

ZHONG CHENLE

"what are you talking about, chenle?" jisung questioned me as we sat together at lunch.

i sighed and clenched my fist, "i told you... its been weeks since i kept seeing this girl in my dreams."

"what does she look like?" jisung tilts his head as he plopped a chip in his mouth.

"she's... beautiful..." i slowly said, slowly imagining haerin.

i couldn't wait but dream of her again.

jisung scrunched his nose and smacked my arm, i yelped and glared at him. "what was that for!?"

"you look stupid."

"wha—"

he cuts me off with, "you look like you're in love. therefore you look stupid."

jaein scoffed and flicked jisung's forehead, "you're so rude to the boy."

jaein smiled at me, "you don't look stupid, chenle."

i stuck a tongue out at jisung, "hah! your girlfriend just defended me!"

jisung rolled his eyes, "but seriously, you shouldn't fall in love with someone in your dreams..."

jaein glared at jisung, "let the boy do whatever he wants."

"but, what about hana?" jisung tilts his head.

i froze at the mention of her name.

hana...

it's been so long since i last saw you.

i hope you're resting well now.

i heard a yelp and quickly looked back up, seeing jisung rubbing his forehead while jaein kept glaring at him.

"jaein, it's alright." i assured her.

jaein frowned at me, "are you sure? i know you're still a bit sensitive about what happened..."

i shook my head, "no. it's fine. i think have moved on now...."

"there's someone else i like now..." i told them.

jaein looked at me with wide eyes, "y-you mean... you really like that girl you meet in your dreams?"

i nod my head, "she's making me feel butterflies in my stomach. it's like, i'm bound to meet her."

jisung scoffed, "and yet you only see her in your dreams."

jaein slapped her boyfriend's arm, "stop ruining his mood!"

"but he doesn't even know if this girl is true!" jisung exclaimed.

that gave me an idea.

what if... what if

what if haerin is not just any person i meet in my dreams.

jaein sighed, catching my attention, "don't mind about jisung."

"i guess you found your own puppy love, chenle."