13 | if i

ZHONG CHENLE

"you're from culture city too?" my eyes lit up with excitement.

"then that's great! that means... we really are gonna see each other some day." i told her with a big smile plastered on my face.

"i really hope so." she said and rested her head onto my shoulder.

"say, chenle?"

i hum in response.

"how come you actually believe that we'll see each other? you're so sure about it... while here i am doubting it." she lifted her head from my shoulder and faced me.

i snickered and cupped her cheeks

"because i believe that...

if i can see you in my dreams, then i can see you in person."

"i'm a strong believer, okay?" i huffed and placed her head back onto my shoulder.

she giggled, "okay, lele."

"i can't believe it's been three months since we first encountered each other in a dream."

i smiled reminiscing our first encounter. the first time i saw the light that would brighten up my whole world.

"i know right?"

"did you know... i read something from a website about these encounters." she suddenly opened up.

"what do you mean?"

"you search it up yourself." she suddenly told me which made me whine and pinch her.

"yah!" she pouts.

"serves you right, meanie!"

she suddenly stood up and grabbed my hand.

"where are you going?" i mumbled as i tightly held her hand.

"lele, it's time for you to wake up." haerin said and removed my hand from her hand.

"but i don't want to." i frowned.

"we'll meet again, chenle." haerin chuckled and hugged him. i tightly hugged her back, "walk with me?"

we walked towards the bridge,
the bridge where we would separate once i cross.

halfway across the bridge, i clenched my fist before turning around, still seeing haerin there.

"what are you waiting for? cross!" haerin shouted for me to hear.

these were the words i've been meaning to tell you, haerin

i sighed, "I—"

i woke up, as the alarm went off. i groaned and ruffled my hair. "everytime..."

i clenched my fists and punched my bed, "why do i always get cut off every time!?"

suddenly, what haerin told me awhile ago made me thought of something.

maybe the website has answers?

i quickly stood up and ran towards my desk, immediately opening my laptop.

i quickly logged in and searched up the website again and clicked for help.

soon, all the answers came popping up.

my eyes widened as i read one.

i kept gawking at the screen, my mouth agape, "no wonder...."

"i can't confess my love for her in my dreams...

the dream would somehow end...

so we have to wait
and let fate play its game."

but i was sure enough i would meet her.

now,

i badly want to see her in person.

now my reason to see her is more valid.

"so i could tell her...

that...

i love her."

"i believe that if i could see her in my dreams, i could also see her in person."

"nothing could stop me,
i promised her.
it's up to me to fulfill that promise."