11| Valdzinošs sapinumi

•••

Satan had told her to wear clothes that she could move around in with ease. 

Koko was currently busy scrounging around her wardrobe for hiking attire that was also date worthy whereas Coco was busy stuffing her face with salted caramel popcorn all while reading The Hollow and playing with Alex.

"I think we should go with jeans, and a pair of boots, and whatever shirt Ruhi feels like. I mean why bother with all the effort. It's not like he cares. He'll obviously be more interested in removing them so maybe she should wear that lace set you got her last year," Coco suggested distractedly.

"I'm actually searching for it but I can't find it in this dump that she calls her wardrobe, arrrrghhhhh," Koko griped, "Do you ever clean this pigsty, eww, I think that was a cockroach," Koko squeaked, "Bloody hell, come here you little shit," she caught the offensive being by it's antenna and flung it out through Ruhi's open window. Someone screamed in horror in the street below.

Then she disappeared back into the black hole of Calcutta's little cousin, after much searching she reappeared and exclaimed with triumph, "Aha finally, I found it!" 

"What the heck, I thought the two of you didn't like Lucian, so why are you helping me out?" Ruhi squeaked.

"Because," Koko said with exasperation, "We're your friends and we want you to look good even if we aren't particularly fond of the man."

"You really want to me to wear this thing, this is unbelievable" Ruhi asked with disbelief.

"No, it's not. I'll tell you what's unbelievable. What's unbelievable is that you didn't tell me you were the author of Best friends. So now stop complaining woman and count your blessings. You can get away with wearing these flimsy bras even on a hike which is more than I can say about a few of us who can't even wear them in everyday settings," Coco grumbled from the bed while Koko pushed Ruhi inside her bathroom to change. 

"Oof same," Koko said in reply.

•••

Satan stood in the hallway of the Mistry household with a bouquet of ivory roses. He would tell Ruhi the truth today and all he could do was hope she would accept him just the way he was.

When he stepped into the hall, he was suddenly on full alert. Koko was lounging on the couch and glaring at him while Coco made her way towards him. 

Eyeing the bouquet in his hands, Coco commented, "Seems like even the Devil can be thoughtful. So when are you going to do the right thing and tell her the truth or will I have to tell her everything?" Coco asked with raised brows.

"Yeah, today. I'll tell her everything. The entire truth."

"Hmmm, good," Coco agreed and before he could realise, swiftly kneed him in the crotch. Hard.