Book 1: Somnambulists, Dreamers, and Late Night Revelers

"To energize a time machine, to bend time into a pretzel, to punch a hole in the fabric of space and time, would require the energy of a star." —Michio Kaku

Emissary to Suns - Introduction

Welcome to Stars Rise, a novel in the Constellations universe.

I completed this book in 2020. It's the story of a time traveler who thinks that his people deserve a second chance. After a company takeover, the new president of Constellations plans to price gauge the population, and no one can stop him. The Constellation company invented magic, so it has no competition. Cristo, the son of a wealthy executive, feels entitled to a more equitable future.

Stars Rise is a completed, stand-alone novel in the Constellations universe.

This introduction is mainly directed to everyone who has read Inyanga's Star and Other Constellations. If you haven't read any Constellation stories, you don't need to! If you're interested, carry on!

I have a reading note for those who have read stories in the Constellations universe. Stars Rise takes place in the past, long, long before any of the events in the other stories. It takes place even before the flashbacks centuries before. I will try to drop lots of hints and reminders that everything happening in the story takes place a long time ago, because ultimately, it's on me as a writer to guide my audience through the story! However, I hope this introduction will help with clarity.

"Never forget it was so long ago. Most of us have forgotten now." — Stephen Potestas, Stars Rise

Never forget it was so long ago, dear readers. Long, long before Inyanga, Amafu, Chiara, Yue, and Bay were born. They have never forgotten what they never knew.

Stars Rise takes place in 100 S.E. – Solari Era

Bay's Star takes place in 1220 S.E.

Inyanga's Star takes place in 1600 S.E.

Detective Fog and the Mission Pigeon takes place in 2015. In San Francisco.

Thank you for reading!

Emissary to Suns

I tell the stars what to do.
They tell me what time it is.

Between
star pinprick lights and the star dial surface
under pitch as night darkroom, no sight
and cover of day no matter how bright,

An intermediary, I read
Your mind and pass
The message
Along
Paths of imaginary light.

I believe wish command
under
the beams of Sol,
And the stars listen to me.

I believe wish commandunderthe beams of Sol,And the stars listen to me