08. "And we meet ...again" 🙄

*Knock Knock*

"Who is it?" I yelled.

"It's Kasson" the voice replied. I looked up from my phone quickly. What the hell is he doing here I thought to myself. I got up from the couch and made my way over to open the door.
"What are you doing here?" I asked crossing my arms. He smirked.
"Don't act like you not excited to see me" he said. I scoffed.
"I don't even know you to be excited to see you, now what can I help you with?" I asked shifting my weight to one side. He rubbed his hands down his face.
"I just wanted to ,face to face, apologize about that day. I-
"You damn right" I interrupted him.
"Can I finish?" He asked looking annoyed. I nodded my head.
"I should've told you specific hours to call" he said putting his hands into his pocket. I gave him a fake smile.
"It's fine, kasson. You don't have to apologize." I said truthfully. It was unprofessional though but he don't owe me an apology. I barely know him.
"Yeah I hear you but since you're gonna be around a lot I didn't want any tension or anything to be awkward between us." He said looking in my eyes. At that moment I couldn't find any words. He leaned in and kissed me. I kissed back wrapping my arms around him. I moaned inbetween our kissing ass he caressed my ass.
"Naomi, NAOMI!" I heard him calling my name to get my attention. I shook out of my wet dream. I looked at him and seen him smirking.
"You good ma?" He asked as if he knew what just happened. I cleared my throat.
"Is that all you wanted?" I asked. He looked at me for a minute before answering.
"Let me get your number, for now" he said. I shook my head no.
"Not gonna happen. I don't have time for your drama. Goodbye" I said shutting the door in his face.
"We'll see about that , Naomi" he said laughing walking away from the door. I rolled my eyes. Kasson Isn't bad looking it's just we both have our own drama. I don't have time to add anything on top of my issues right now. Plus I have taliah.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Later that day-

"Momma , i missed you" , Taliah said hugging me tight. I smiled.
"I missed you more. In fact I missed you sooo much that I got something for you" I said pulling away to see her reaction. She smiled big showing her missing teeth.
"Ouu what is it , What is it?" She asked squeeling. I pulled out a doll. Her eyes got wide.
"Yayyyy " she said grabbing it from me. she took off down the hall towards her room.
"Be careful" I hollered out to her. I heard her room door shut. I smiled to myself. There hasn't been any sign of my Babydad and I can't thank god enough. I went into the kitchen and grabbed a wine glass. I poured myself some wine and grabbed some lays potato chips and ranch dip and made my way to my living room. I sat on the couch and turned the tv on. I dropped a chip I was about to eat onto my lap , when I seen "him" on the news.

"Two dead , multiple injured. Only one body has been identified...A young black man by the name , Khaleed Thompson"

I gasped.