Celebrities

I wake up at 10:00, realizing that I slept much longer than I wanted to and I have to help out with the party prep.

"Shit," I mutter, running downstairs. "Can I help you guys with anything?" I ask Nick, who's running around the house to make everything right.

"Can you make the playlist?" Nick asks, and I immediately nod. "Of course, Nicky," I say.

"Great. Make sure you mix in every genre you can think of; we have guests coming that sing everything," he says, and I grab my phone and get to work.

All Summer Long, Ground I Grew Up On, Levels, Toothbrush, Sucker, Rude, Summer Jam, all the party favorites go into the playlist as I hurriedly work to complete it, finally getting it finished an hour later. When it's done, I send it to Nick so he can review it.

"Perfect. Thanks Harper, I think we're pretty much good, so if you want to go get ready, go for it," he says, and I head back upstairs.

Surveying my swimsuit selection, I realize I have no idea what look I'm going for today. I don't even know who's coming to this party, besides my cousins and their significant others. I lay the suits out on my bed and stare at them for a few more minutes before heading down the hall to Nick and Pri's bedroom.

"Priyanka?" I ask, knocking on the door.

"What's up?" she asks, exiting the room.

"I can't pick a swimsuit," I tell her, and she laughs, following me to my room to help me choose.

"You'd look great in all of them, but I like the American flag one best," she says, and it's settled. American flag it is.

I play some music softly as I get ready for the party, putting the bikini on and an oversized white hoodie over the top of it. My hair goes up in a messy bun, and I leave my face without makeup since I'll probably be in the pool. I grab my sunglasses and phone and head back downstairs to the kitchen, where Nick is putting out some snacks.

"Joe and Sophie should be here any minute," he says, and on cue, the doorbell rings. "There they are now." I go to let them in.

"Hey, guys!" I say, holding the door open as they walk inside.

"Hey, Harper! How have you been?" Sophie asks, hugging me.

"Living the dream! How was filming?" I ask, giving Joe a high five as I talk.

"Cold," she laughs, as she was filming in Norway.

After Kevin and Danielle arrive, we head out to the pool in the backyard to wait for all the other guests. At 2:00, celebrities pour into the yard and Nick and Priyanka go off greeting everyone as I hang with Joe and Sophie in lounge chairs by the poolside, all of us listening to the music thumping and letting the sun beat down on us. It's a little overwhelming right now, seeing so many musicians that I know and love, so I'm just trying to take it all in. Just then I see Luke Bryan walk in, some teenage guy with dark hair next to him who looks familiar.

"Hey, Luke came!" Joe says, also noticing and going over to give him a bro hug.

"Did you know he was on a first name basis with Luke Bryan?" Sophie asks me, looking confused, and I just shake my head, as confused as she is.

"No idea," I tell her as Joe returns to us, both party guests with him.

"Luke, Laine, this is my fiance, Sophie. And my cousin, Harper," he says, introducing us.

"Nice to meet y'all. You played Sansa Stark in Game of Thrones, right?" Luke asks Sophie, and she nods.

"Sure did. Nice to meet you, Mr. Bryan, I'm a big fan of your music," she says.

"Please, call me Luke," he says, laughing in the kiddish way that he does.

Joe, Sophie, and Luke go off to get snacks and find Nick and Pri, so they can say hello to the country star as well.

"Can I sit here?" the teenager asks, pointing to the seat Sophie was just in. I nod. "Sure. I'm Harper Jonas," I tell him.

"Laine Hardy. Nice to meet you," he says.

"You're the dude who won American Idol last year!" I say, finally realizing where I've seen him before.

"Yeah. You watched it?" he says.

"Of course! You were great. I wanted you to win," I tell him, and he looks pleased.

"Thank you. I really didn't think I was going to win though."

"Oh, come on. All of America loved you," I laugh.

"I don't know how. I'm not that interesting, just a kid from Louisiana," he says.

"No, you're a talented kid from Louisiana," I say, and he grins.

"You think I'm talented?"

"Absolutely, Laine," I say, playfully rolling my eyes at him.

Just then, Luke walks back over to where we sit.

"Laine, do you want to perform? Nick asked if we would sing Flame together while we were here," he says, and Nick walks over as he says this.

Laine looks at me quickly, and I smile encouragingly, trying to convince him to do so without saying anything.

"Okay," he says, getting up and grabbing my hand to pull me to my feet, beaming at me before heading off.

Laine and Luke walk over to the front of the yard, where Nick has set up a raised platform with speakers for people to use if they want to perform while they're here. My cousin falls into stride with me as we head in that direction, giving me a sly smile.

"What?" I ask him.

"Nothing," Nick says, grinning.

"Something. You and subtle aren't very good friends," I joke with him.

"Sooo, you and Laine Hardy, huh?" he says, and I whack him in the chest as he laughs, knowing he's onto something.