3.Care to Dance?

Arriving home from the store it is only about two in the afternoon. I open my phone to be greeted with a text from hero.

From Hero: Be ready by 5, also dress fancy.;)

I decide to first make some food, then I'll get ready. I'm starving.

By the time I finish eating it's 3, I'm going to start getting ready. I always like to buy cute dresses that I never wear, so here is my chance to wear one of them. I pick out a short, deep red dress with spaghetti staps and a deep v neck line.

I lay the dress along with a pair of nude colored heels, on my bed. I then head to my bathroom to take a shower.

After my shower I quickly blow dry my hair and curl the very ends. I dont like to wear much makeup so I just put on some mascara and chap stick.

When I put on this daring dress, I feel a little bit uncomfortable with how revealing it is. But for some reason I feel like stepping outside of my comfort zone with Hero tonight.

Before I know it, it is already 5 accompanied by a text from Hero.

From Hero: I'm here:)

Right when I get the text I hear a knock on the front door.

Hero Pov:

Standing outside of Jo's door, I'm starting to feel nervous. Why am I nervous? Right a 5 I text her, then right after I knock on the door. I hope she dosent question me on how I knew where her place was. I might have followed her a few times just to make sure she got home safe.

When she opens the door, it seems as if all the air in my lungs have disappeared.

She. Is. Absolutely. Gorgeous.

"You are stunning." Are the first words that come out of my mouth.

She blushes and says "thank you, you dont look so bad yourself." And she giggles. Oh how I could listen to her giggle every second of the day and it still wouldn't be enough.

I stick my arm out and say "shall we?" She hooks her small arm in mine and replies with, "we shall."

We make our way down to my car, once she sees it her eyes light up and she says "oh my god! Is this yours?" She is so excited. "Yes, you know cars?" I question her. "Sort of, I used to help my dad with cars when I was a kid. He taught me a little bit about them." Her mood has slightly changed at the mention of her father. She seems sort of sad now.

Her face completely shuts down for a moment but after a couple of seconds she recovers and says "well let's go." I nod and open up the door for her.

Jo Pov:

He nods and opens the door for me. I just had a little moment back there. I hope he didnt notice how I just shut down for a moment. I haven't thought about my father in a while and I almost let my old feelings consume me and bring me under like they used to.

Ever since that day, I have suppressed feelings like that.

For the time being I plaster my most fake smile on my face. I just realized I haven't even asked Hero where he is taking me.

"Hey, where are you taking me?"

"Its a surprise." He says with a mysterious grin.

"Oh come.on, just tell me." I plead.

"Nope, we are almost there anyways. Just be patient."

"Ugh, fine." I fake pout.

When I do this he grabs my chin lightly, turning my face to him. Smiles and says "aw Jo, dont pout." Which makes me giggle.