11. Going Home

Hero Pov:

When I start to wake up, i am confused. I open my eyes only to be blinded by sunlight which forces me to close them again. I lay in a soft bed that seems familiar.

When I open my eyes again, I let them adjust to the familiar room before me that I now recognize as me and Josephine's bedroom.

I try to sit up but I cant. I'm weighed down by something. Or someone.

I look down and I am met with the most beautiful, blue ocean eyes that I have ever seen. For some reason I cant remember anything, all I know is that I want to stay here in this bed forever with Jo.

"Hey" her angelic voice greets me.

"Hello beautiful" I say with a smile. She leans up and softly but tenderly presses her lips to mine.

When we break apart, we just sit there staring into each others eyes for what feels like hours, but really only about a minute.

Suddenly Jo gets stiff and nervous before she goes onto say, "listen Hero, we dont have much time left together."

"W-what do you mean?" I ask. Then it suddenly hits me. She's dying.

"No no! Please Jo, you cant leave me." I beg her.

"Hero I dont have much of a choice. I cant live another day on this earth knowing that I'm the reason my parents are dead. I love you so much Hero. Your the best thing that ever happened to me, before you I was just a shell of nothingness. But you made me feel loved and happy. I'm so sorry but I have to go. Dont think of this as a goodbye, more of a 'see you later'."

"No Jo, your not listening to me," Jo turns her face away from me, avoiding eye contact. I gently grab her chin and turn her face back to me. "Josephine Langford, you are the love of my life, the oxygen I need to breathe, the water I need to stay alive and I love you with my whole self and more. Listen to me when I say, it. Is. Not. Your. Fault." I look her in the eyes my whole speech.

"But-" Josephine starts to say but is cut off by someone. I dont know who though because I suddenly wake up.

I snap my eyes open and sit up from a very uncomfortable hospital chair. I look over to find Khadijah staring at me with eyes filled with worry.

"What happened?" I ask with a dry, raspy voice.

"Well, when Josephine flatlined, you had a panic attack and passed out" she tells me.

"Wait! Is Jo okay?!" I start freaking out again. I stand up and I'm about to run to her room when Khadijah stops me.

"Yes Hero, jo is fine. They got her heart beating again, and the doctors said that some how her cancer is staring to go away. They dont know how, it's really a miracle. Though her cancer is going away, she still needs lots and lots of recovery time." She tells me. I calm down and I cant help the feeling of relief that washes over me from hearing that she is going to be okay.

But I need to see her, I turn to Khadijah and ask, "am I allowed to see her?"

"Yes, Inanna is actually in there right now with her."

I nod and make my way to her room to see my gorgeous angel awake sitting on her bed talking to Inanna.

She turns to me and a smile spreads across her face.

I walk over to her bed side. Inanna stands up from the chair so that I can sit in her place, which I do. Once I sit down, i quickly take Jo's fragile hand in mine. It's so cold. I think to myself.

"We will leave you guys alone." Khadijah says, but me and Jo barely acknowledge what she said because we are so busy just staring into each others eyes.

"I'm sorry" both me and Jo say at the same time.

"Why are you sorry" both me and Jo say again at the same time. Jo starts to giggle. Oh how I have missed that sound.

"You go first" jo says and I nod in agreement.

"I'm sorry for pushing you to talk about your sickness and-" she cuts me off.

"Oh my dear Hero, you have absolutely nothing to apologize for. I was the one pushing you away when all you wanted to do was help me, I didnt take my sickness seriously because I was so scared that if I did then it would then become real to me. I was scared and I still am. I dont wish to be apart from you. I. Love. You" she so sweetly says.

Stand up and lean down to her level and wrap my arms securely around her. I breath in the scent of her hair as I do so and sigh in relief of still having my jo here with me in my arms.

I pull back and sit back down, "there was something else I wanted to tell you jo" she nods for me to continue, "when you flatlined... I felt as if my whole heart shattered to pieces. I had absolutely no clue how I would live without you. You are my entire world Jo. I will love you forever, though it feels as if even forever isn't enough time with you." I look up from our intertwined hands to see tears running down Jo's cheeks.

Jo pulls me into a rough, passionate kiss. It feels like Jo is trying to tell me all her feeling in this kiss, which I absolutely love.

"I love you Hero. So so damn much."

"As I do you love."

The End.

Note from author❤

Do not fear! There is still a epilogue that I will be posting in the next few days!!! That you guys so much for all of the support that I have been getting. This is my very first fanfic and it's pretty cringe. But that's okay! The more you practice the better you get.

I will resume writing Paid To Kill once the epilogue is out. I will also be starting a new Herophine fanfic. So watch out for that.

And just to be clear, the first part of this chapter was a dream in case you couldn't tell.

Bye!