Chapter Eleven - Secrets, Secrets And More Secrets

Halley knew she couldn't avoid seeing everyone forever but she also wasn't ready to face Fred. After he confessed his feelings all the things she'd been suppressing since last year came back... but she really liked Cedric, he was good to her and uncomplicated plus she didn't want to risk losing Fred as a friend... so she decided that she wasn't going to say anything, pretend as if nothing had happened. However, this also meant she'd have to hide that she knew about George and Violet's secret crushes. Harry had promised he wouldn't tell anyone that she'd heard everything so as long as he kept his promise she had no reason to worry about anyone else finding out.

Two days after she'd woken up, Halley felt a little more human, she'd been taking short walks to get her strength and energy back and had been eating so much food that Madam Pomfrey scolded her for potentially overeating. 
After finishing her lunch she'd allowed the matron to yet her friends know they could visit. Needless to say, it didn't take them long to file in because they'd been waiting outside the hospital wing every day in the hopes of being allowed in. She was only allowed three visitors at once which caused some grumbling amongst the large group but they eventually settled on who would go first.

Lee, Fred and George hurried over to her side and engulfed her in hugs then they all started talking at once which made her head hurt a bit. "Okay okay, I get it you're happy to see me but if you don't let go and talk normally Madam Pomfrey will kick you out." She laughed and patted their backs awkwardly as she'd been squished in every direction.

The three let go and apologised then sat down, Fred sat on the chair next to her head and George and Lee sat either side of her legs at the end of the bed. "We're so glad you're okay," Fred said quietly and looked like he wanted to hold her hand but restrained himself.

"We're so sorry, if we'd just got the potion right then you would have been fine." Lee looked so guilty and George just looked relieved to see her up and smiling.

"You have nothing to be sorry for, I chose to drink it, I could have said no but I was too stubborn and angry at Snape... he shouldn't have suggested I drink it in the first place, he knew what the dangers were and yet he let me. This is on him and me, it's not your fault." She reassured Lee and Fred to the best of her abilities and even got them to crack a smile. "I'm fine honestly, look at me. Do I look like I'm on my death bed? So no frowns, that's all anyone's done since I woke up. I demand smiles." She gave them her signature lopsided smile and for the rest of their, they only spoke about happy things. She could feel Fred's eyes on her at all times but tried to not stare back at him too long. She wanted normal and by Merlin, she was going to get it.

Cedric, Alex and Vi were next and it pretty much went down the same way, except Cedric refused to let go of her hand which she had no objections to. "We made sure you were never alone, none of us knew what was happening, Madam Pomfrey said you'd only be asleep for a week but three? Lee joked that it was typical you, sleeping longer than you should." Violet rambled on while Alex and Cedric just sat with her, happy to see the smile on Hal's face.

"Can I have a minute with Hal?" Cedric asked after twenty minutes of Vi's recount of the weeks she'd missed. The two girls nodded and gave Halley another hug each then left to give the couple some space. "You had me so worried, didn't McGonagall ever teach you not to drink strange liquids." He joked slightly and ran his free hand through his hair.

Halley shuffled over and patted the spot next to her which Cedric took gladly and wrapped his arms around her, bringing her so close she was almost sitting on him. "I'm sorry, next time someone offers me unfamiliar liquid I'll say no." She closed her eyes and relaxed into him but there was that little nagging voice in the back of her head which was repeating Fred's confession over and over again.