Chapter 4

After you were done eating, Zachary came back to you. "Come with me." He said- more like: demanded. He sighed when you was being- according to him: 'too slow'. You gasped as he picked you up. You was now dangling from his arm- your tummy resting on his arm as he carried you like a sack of potatoes. You was still munching on a cookie.

"We are going to dance." Zachary said. You swallowed the cookie. "Dance..." You repeated. "Yes. There is a ball coming up and you are going to be there too, so you have to learn ballroom dancing." Zachary replied. "But...people like me aren't allowed." You said as you tilted your head to look at him. "Adorable..." Zachary muttered. "What did you say?" You asked when you didn't hear him. Zachary cleared his throat.

"You are going to attend the ball because I say so. My orders." Zachary said. Zachary opened a door and you two entered a large room.- A ball.

Zachary put you down on the ground. He closed the door behind himself and focused his gaze on yours.

"Can you dance?" Zachary asked. Before you could reply, Zachary answered his own question. "Of course you can't." He muttered. "It depends on which kind of dance you mean, Zach!" You replied with a grin. Zachary raised his eyebrow at you.

You started your sloppy dancing, twirling around.

Zachary tried to keep a serious-looking face on. "S-Stop that!" He said. You giggled and slowly stopped dancing. "A proper lady doesn't dance like that!" Zachary scolded you. You pouted. 'Stop doing that...It's too cute, you idiot.' Zachary looked away.

"Come here." Zachary ordered. You went closer to him. "Place your hand here and give me your other hand." Zachary said. He placed his free hand around your waist. You were of course a lot shorter than him, so the dance position was a bit clumsly and awkward.

"Follow my steps." Zachary said. You were staring at your feet, making sure not to step on his. "Look at me. You are supposed to look at the person you are dancing with! Not at your feet." Zachary scolded you. "Sowwy!" You looked up. ' 'Sowwy'...?' Zachary snapped out of his thoughts and focused on you when—.

"Oops-!" You stepped on his foot. Zachary looked a bit irritated, but stayed quiet.

"Zachary?" You called. "What?" Zachary responded. "Um...Can you maybe ask around if my mother is here...?" You asked.

"Maybe." Zachary replied after a short silence. You accidentally stepped on his foot again. "I can't really dance..." You muttered. "I'm teaching you now, so put more effort in your steps." Zachary replied while frowning slightly.

"Will there be anyone of my age at the ball?" You asked. "Yes...My disgusting little cousin." Zachary responded.

"You hate him?" You said. "Mhm. He's stupid." Zachary sighed.

You plopped on the ground and sighed exhausted after Zachary had forced you to practice dancing with him for atleast more than an hour.

You panted slightly. "Zachary...When is the ball taking place?" You asked.

"Tomorrow."

"WHAAAT?!"