Chapter 5

Next day:

"Prince Zachary, are you ready for the ball? Your highness?"

The door slammed open, making the maid shriek. "I'm of course ready. Hurry up and get (y/n) ready." Zachary responded. The maid dozed off, admiring the young and handsome prince infront of her. His golden locks which had an other mysterious color added to it, making it even more outstanding. His spotless and soft skin. The perfect prince in appearance. His ruby red eyes which were unusual for a human being.— There were a lot of rumors about his eyes.

Zachary was wearing a beautiful suit which fits his eyes and hair perfectly.

Zachary cleared his throat. "I apologize, y-your highness. I will immediately get (y/n) ready." The maid snapped out of her trance.

You leaned against your bedroom door, making sure people won't be able to open it easily from outside, even though they can do it if they put more pressure on it. The maids however wouldn't dare to open the door without your permission.

"(y/n)? Are you wearing your dress?"

"Do you need help?"

"The ball is starting soon!"

You heard the maids outside the room. You frowned. You were nervous and didn't want to attend the ball at all.

"(y/n)? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine!" You replied. You heard the maids sigh in relief.

"Are you wearing your dress?"

"Can I do your hair?"

"Yes, almost ready..." You muttered/lied. "Um, Prince Zachary ordered us to get you ready and bring you to him. He will get mad if we don't do what we were told." A timid maid said nervously.

You felt bad for the maids. Zachary and his parents would then get mad at maids because of you. You didn't want that.

While you were debating on what to do, you heard a high pitched voice which you knew too well...

"(Y/N)! GET READY~!"

"Olivia..." You mumbled while a shiver ran down your spine.

"Olivia, the maids are already doing their work. You don't have to—"

"Shush, Anna. I know what I'm doing." Olivia replied sassily.

"(y/n)? Open the door! I'm going to prepare you for the ball!" Olivia beamed. "Olivia, she obviously doesn't want to go. You are making her even more nervous." Anna calmly replied.

~

You pouted angrily while Olivia was happily doing your hair. She hummed a melody.

Zachary entered the room. He glanced around until his eyes landed on you. 'So cute...Damn it.'  He thought. "Good. You're ready." He crossed his arms over his chest.

"Isn't she a cutie?!" Olivia pinched your cheeks, hugging you from behind. Zachary ignored her and mentioned you to follow him.

~

"So...Umm...I'm kinda nervous." You smiled awkwardly, holding your long dress a little up and quickly walking behind Zachary. "There is no need to be nervous. If you aren't nervous around me, how can you be nervous around those who are lower than me?" Zachary said. You shivered by his intimidating glance.

~

You used Zachary and Anna as a wall to shield yourself from others. Zachary would occasionally secretly scold you for being 'disrespectful' towards his relatives when you would try to avoid talking to them.

You suddenly heard people murmering about something. You turned around. "Who's that...?" You muttered to yourself when you saw a young boy around your age with black hair and green eyes. Two butlers were with him.

Zachary 'tsk'ed. "That stupid brat is my cousin." He responded. "Oh...Ooohhhh..." You recalled when Zachary told you that his 'annoying' cousin would attend the ball too. "He seems cute and nice." You smiled. Zachary was clearly displeased by your words and quirked his eyebrow. " 'Cute' and nice'? He's not!" Zachary scoffed.

"Hey, don't be sad! You're cute too!" You grinned. "...Well...Yeah..." Zachary murmered, averting his eyes from yours.

"You don't know how to say 'Thank you'?" You pouted. "I'm 'Zachary Alby'. Know your position! I'm not supposed to thank you for anything." Zachary replied. Before you could reply you heard someone clear their throat to get your attention. You and Zachary both immediately turned around.