The muffins

(Y/n) pov

I woke up and the next morning and the first thing I saw was the cat sleeping next to me. It was purring at an even pace, so I could guess it was sleeping. I softly stroked its head in an attempt to gently wake it up.

"Good morning~" I whispered with a smile

"Meow."

I giggled. Looking at the clock, I saw it was only 5 am. It was an hour early, but I could use the time. It's not like I was going back to bed anyway...

I rolled out of my comfy bed and made my way over to the bathroom to do my morning routine. When I finished getting washed and dressed, I walked downstairs. In the kitchen, I cut up some meat and placed it on a plate for the cat. I also refilled the bowl of water from yesterday. While he started to eat, I turned my attention to making the muffins. Pulling out my mother's recipe book, I opened to the page titled BLUEBERRY MUFFINS. Walking over to the cabinet, I pulled out all of my ingredients and made the batter. When the cat had finished his breakfast, he turned his attention to the oven in which I had just placed the muffins.

"Hey, why are you looking at the oven?" I asked him, but the cat just meowed. It's not like he understood what I was saying, but it was nice to have the company.

"Well, these muffins are for a friend, if you really want to know." I smiled and began to stroke the cat. As I waited for the muffins to come out, I made my lunch and continued to play with my new kitty friend.

"You're so cute~," I said while still petting him. The cat purred louder, almost as if he were responding. Just then, I realized. He needed a name... I mean, calling him 'cat' just seemed kinda cruel.

"How'd you like a name?" I asked the black cat.

". . ."

I sighed. Why did I even ask? It's not like he can answer me...

"Soo...uhm... which name would you like?" I asked, trying to come up with something, "There's, Spider.....uh..... Lupe...OH! How about Kuro?"

"Meow!" The cat seemed to agree.

"Alrighty then, I hereby name you Kuro!" I said using my spatula as a sword, "Because you have beautiful black fur."

I gave 'Kuro' a smile and laughed. He was so adorable~. Just then, the timer went off and I scurried to take the muffins out of the oven. Kuro watched me with curiosity. This cat was oddly observant, but I guess that was in his nature. When the muffins cooled, I packed them up in a nice paper bag. Grabbing my backpack and my shoes, I turned to Kuro.

"Kuro, I need to go to school. I hope you'll be ok while I'm gone," I said. I bent down and began to pet him. He purred as I did.

"Basically, I will be away for 8 hours. And at noon, my mom will come home. I really hope you understand...."

Why am I even telling him this? He's a cat for goodness sake-

"....I'm going now, Kuro. Please don't break anything!" I said, giving him one last pat on the head. I exited the house, locking the door behind me. Carefully placing the key in my pocket, I made my way to school.

When I arrived at school, I was greeted by Yashiro and Aoi-san at the front gate. We walked to our lockers making small talk on the way. When we finally entered the classroom, we went to our assigned seats and got ready for the lesson to start. We had 2 minutes till' class officially started when Nene turned around to face me with a look of concern.

"Y/n-chan....... are you really ok? Yesterday was kinda...."

"Oh, don't worry Nene, I'm fine," I said giving a confirming smile. Shortly afterward, the teacher came in and the class began.

Tsukasa pov-

As soon as Y/n left the house, I turned back into my normal form and teleported back to Sakara in the broadcasting room. Sakura was reading one of her novels in her usual passive state.

"Ne,ne, want to play something~?" I asked, sneaking up behind her and suprising her with a hug. She didn't even blink.

"No."

"Aww, but it's so booooriiiing," I said with a pout.

she glanced up from her book, looked at me for a second, then went back to her book. I gave a frustrated sigh and went over to the couch. I guess I'll just have to wait for Y/n to finish school...

(Y/n) pov-

When the first lessons ended, the lunch bell rang. As usual, Yashiro and I scurried up to the rooftop.

"Y/n-chan, what do you have to eat today?" Yashiro asked me.

"Some sandwiches, how about you?"

"A bento! I made it myself!" she said proudly. She pulled out her lunch and began to eat.

"That sounds good," I said with a smile. I couldn't make a bento, but I could defiantly make a sandwich which is why today's lunch was so basic.

"Are you already excited about your date?" I asked with a mischievous grin. I learned during our talk this morning that they planned to go to the movies, and I couldn't wait to tease her about it.

"W-wha ehhh?!" she cried out and turned bright red.

"HA! Looks like a yes," I said grinning. I took a bite of my sandwich while she was still a blushing mess. As much as it was a funny reaction, I was curious as to what was so weird about it. I mean, it was just a simple question of whether she was excited or not~

All of a sudden, I felt two arms curl around my waist. Looking over my shoulder, I saw Hanako-kun.

"Hanako-kun what are you doing?" I questioned.

"Hmm, collecting you as mine."

I sighed.

"Have your fun," I responded. I wasn't in the mood to blush or say anything. I just want to eat my sandwich in peace. If I goaded him on, it would just lead to more commotion.

"H-hanako-kun what are you doing to Y/n-chan?" Yashiro asked, blushing at the sight of us.

"Well you see, I'm collecting her as mine because you have already Kou and Y/n is free," he replied with an innocent grin.

"AND Y/n-CHAN..! ARE YOU FINE WITH THAT...?!" Yashiro yelled at me. I just looked at her and shrugged. Honestly, I didn't care. I finished up the part of the sandwich I had bitten and the bell rang.

"Let's go Nene-chan," I said grabbing my lunchbox from the ground beside me.

"Can I have your last sandwich, Y/n?" Hanako asked.

"Sure," I said and handed it to him. He looked like the happiest kid on earth at that moment.

"Thanks!" he said and disappeared. Yashiro, looking shocked at the whole ordeal, finished packing her lunch in a daze. We made our way back to class and sat down. Nene-chan then turned around to face me.

"Y/n......what was that on the roof? Why didn't you reject him?"

"Do you want the honest answer...?" I asked, giving her a serious glance. Nene nodded furiously.

"Wel.....you see......" I started. Nene leaned in to hear me better, ".....I was hungry..." Nene-chan deadpanned and I blushed. What was she expecting, some juicy love story between me and Hanako? No way.

After the last lessons, the school bell rang, signaling for the day to be over. Yashiro and I packed our things and went our separate ways. I went to the broadcasting room while Yashiro went to the bathroom. As soon as I entered the room, I was met with my second hug of the day. Tsukasa.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1396 Words

I hope you liked this part ^^

Sorry that this part is so short, but I'm just too lazy. I promise the next part will be longer

To be continued.... ^^

Have a good morning/day/night ^^