You were the shadow to my light

"It's time for dinner, dear" 

Harry looked up to notice Molly Weasley standing in the doorway of his room that he shared with Ron at the burrow. He gave a small smile and stood, knocking the book he had been reading on the floor. Pushing up his glasses, he walked with the adult Weasley down the flights of stairs.  

"How have you been feeling..?" She asked softly and Harry looked at her with a small smile. 

"I've been feeling fine, thank you for letting me stay. It means a lot really." Harry said with a thankful smile. 

Molly Weasley just shook her head. "Of course, dear. You're always welcome here." 

Harry nodded and took his place at the table; in between Ginny and Ronald. Ginny smiled at him and kissed his cheek. Smiling at her, he placed his hand atop hers. Beside them, Ron made a gagging noise. 

"Please not at the table guys" Ron mumbled. "I'm trying to eat"

Harry and Ginny laughed, while Hermione hit Ron's arm. "Shut up, they're happy."

Happy. 

That's a strange word. 

Happy; To be satisfied or content with something. 

But the question was... Was Harry happy? Of course he got the ending he always thought he wanted. He got the girl. He got a big family who loves him. But something... something was off in this paradise of his. 

More like... Someone was missing in his paradise.

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~

Draco was a shell of the Malfoy he used to be. The war, his father, and the magic folk of London were responsible for this. He could barely go out without someone hexing him or insulting him. They all blamed him for letting the Death Eaters in. And he blamed himself for it as well. The Mark was part of the reason for his nightmares that plagued him nightly. 

After the war, his Father got worse. He had to serve a year in Azkaban, though when that year had passed, he came back. Worse then ever. Lucius had of course been upset that Harry Potter had testified for Draco and Narcissa. But not him. 

The Potter boy had concluded that Draco lied to the Death Eaters in the Malfoy Manor, and even tried to spare him from Crabbe who was trying to kill him. Draco, who was under veritaserum, had confirmed these. He was excused from Azkaban.

Narcissa was excused from Azkaban for lying straight to the Dark Lord that Harry was dead. It was solely her love for her son that kept Harry alive. 

Lucius, on the other hand, wanted it to be Harry in the Malfoy Manor. So that their reputation would be fixed. So they sent him away. But Draco had wished that he was gone for longer. But something the Malfoy heir had learned, is that people rarely get what they wish for. Or at least for him. 

Draco Lucius Malfoy was in the middle of another one of his father's beatings while Narcissa was out on an errand. She didn't know about what Lucius was doing.

Draco couldn't even remember doing anything to upset him. But surely he must've done something wrong. He always did. 

"I can't believe you gave the house-elf more then table scraps." Lucius spat, as he whacked the blonde boy in the head with his cane. 

Bingo.

"H-He was go-going to sta-starve!" Draco forced out, though he regretted it as soon as it left his lips. 

Lucius forced Draco up off of the floor by grabbing his shirt and pulling him up. "Run that by me again." He said slowly in a way that made Draco gulp and widen his eyes in fear. 

Another mistake. 

Draco felt the cane collide with his stomach. It took Draco's everything to not cry out. "What were the three rules?"

Draco whimpered quietly, which was yet another mistake. 

"ANSWER ME!" Lucius roared and Draco flinched back. 

"Rule number one, Malfoy's don't cry!" 

"What's number two?!" 

"Malfoy's don't show signs of fear!"

"Number three?!" 

"Malfoy's aren't faggots!" 

Lucius let go of his son. "Precisely. Though, I think you've broken one of the rules. Care to tell me which one..?" Draco looked down. His chin was grabbed harshly and forced to look up at the older Malfoy. "Look at me when I ask you a question. Now. Which rule did you break?" 

"The third one..." Draco whispered quietly. 

"Speak. Up." Lucius narrowed his eyes, gripping the boy's chin harsher, causing him to cry out as he answered. 

"The third one!" 

Draco was then pushed back and his head hit the floor, causing everything to blur. His breath hitched as his stomach was kicked. "And no one will ever love you. No One. You're just a weak and pathetic little pouf. Now get yourself up before your mother gets home." Lucius growled, walking out of the room. 

Instead of obeying, Draco curled into a ball and cried to himself, his body shaking with each sob. "G-Gokky!" He called after a moment and a house-elf popped next to him. 

"What is Master Draco needing Gokky for?" The house-elf asked, with widened eyes as he saw Draco's current situation. 

"Do-Do you know any h-healing spells?" Draco asked in a whisper and Gokky nodded. 

"Yes sir! Gokky knows lots! But Gokky doesn't think that Gokky can heal all of it"

Draco just shook his head. "I-Its fine.. Just heal what you can, please.." 

Gokky gave a nod and healed most of Draco's wounds. He healed the broken rib and most of the bruises until he didnt have the power to cast anymore spells. 

"Thank you Gokky..." Draco whispers as he lays his head back, against the wall. 

Gokky nodded. "Anything for Master Draco. Is there anything else Master Draco is to be needing?"

Draco shook his head. "No thank you Gokky, I'm fine now. Just, stay out of Father's way as much as you can" 

The elf gave another nod. "Gokky will, sir. Stay healthy, Master Draco" And with that, the house-elf popped out of sight. Draco sighed as he closed his eyes, trying to calm his breathing.