when you're pregnant - tom and will

request: Can u pls do a headcanon for Blake/George (up to u I don't mind) about how they tend to u when ur pregnant and all the cute things they do for u during the whole thing and at the birth too i love ur work! 

blake - when you told tom you were expecting he was ECSTATIC, coming from a close family himself he couldn't wait to have his own. for the first few weeks, he'd be by your side as much as he could and eventually you had to sit him down and politely tell him that he didn't have to be there 24/7. whilst he didn't constantly hover over your shoulder he did keep an eye on you, make sure you did no heavy lifting and he made sure you were in bed by 9pm.

"you need to rest so the baby can rest"

"Im not sure that's how it wor-"

"shhhh"

as you started showing heavily he became over protective again, always having a hand on the small of your back, helping you sit down and making you sit down whilst he cooked dinner. tom is definitely the kind of guy to talk to the baby, and when your sleeping his hand would stay firmly resting on your stomach. he'd love to make the baby kick, until it started to hurt you, but then he's take lotion and softly massage your stomach. when you went into labour, not the tiniest bit of him had cold feet. the midwife attempted to kick him out the room but due to minor complications he came back in and held you. the first cry of the baby sent a tear rolling down his face - he was so proud of you and so proud of the both of you for the little miracle.

schofield - when you told will, one part of him was worried whilst the other was happy. whilst he couldn't be happier that the two of you had created something so amazing, he feared that his hand injury (he most defo lost his hand let's be honest here) would prevent him from being able to hold his baby or maybe the scars would scare him/her. he feared that if he was to have a son, he would lose him at war like will had lost many of his friends and people even younger than him.

he eventually came round to the idea when you started having doubts about him even wanting the baby. having two sisters considerably younger than himself, he was prepared for the next 6 months after seeing his mother go through it twice.

hormones were immediately a problem, the smallest things made you cry or you'd get angry at the slightest inconvenience. will wouldn't complain, he'd just calm you down and talk you through it - but he wouldn't act as if you were being silly, he made sure you knew he understood.

he reminded you of how much he loved you when you started to hate the way your body looked, he made you feel special throughout your pregnancy. when you started getting closer to the due date he ensured you were rested, often making sure you didn't put too much on the pressure on your back, feet or the baby. he didn't panic when you went into labour. he knew not to ring the midwifes immediately, he knew to keep you comfortable, the hold you through contractions, to keep you hydrated. he was prepared. so when he heard his babies first cry through the door of your bedroom, his face formed into a big smile and the moment he saw the scrunched up face of his newborn he knew he would do anything to protect it.