Chapter 1: Dad

Haley's POV

I was in the cab, heading to the FBI headquarters. I knew dad would be there already. It was 8:30 and dad always arrived at 6:30. I hadn't seen dad in two and a half years. I ran away when I was 11. Mom had died and dad was never the same. I just couldn't handle it any more. Now, I decided it was time to go home. To see Uncle Derek, Aunt J.J., Spence, and the rest of the team that had always been there for me.

I finally arrived at Quantico and I paid the taxi driver. When he left, I walked up to the big double glass doors I had walked through my entire life. I walked into the building. The receptionist, Kelsie, looked at me dumbfounded. She knew who I was and that I had been missing for almost three years. She didn't say anything to me as I walked past her and onto the elevator. I was alone I pressed the button and went up the the 3rd floor, BAU headquarters. I saw the old team, they stared at me. The only ones I didn't see was Derek and El. I slowly walked to dad's office. I could see him doing paperwork. I knocked on the door and without looking up, he said, "Come In."

I turned the door knob very slowly. I stepped into his office and all I could say was, "Dad."

He looked up from his paperwork, "Haley," he said breathlessly. He stood up from his desk and I ran to him. He got down on one knee and I started to cry into his shoulder. Slowly, he stood up, still holding me and he closed the blinds. "Haley," he said, "tell me what happened," he said as he sat me down in his lap.

Slowly, I started to speak, "I'm sorry daddy."

"What happened Haley," he said softly.

"Mom. After she died, you weren't the same. I wasn't the same. I felt like part of me had died with her. One of the 'bad girls' at school offered me something. I took it. I knew what you had told me, but I wasn't thinking straight. I became addicted. I ran away from home the next day. I didn't know how you would take it with mom just having died and you being in the FBI. I knew that you would've wanted to help, but I just couldn't see you go through it. I was on drugs for about a year," I said as I slowly watched a tear fall down dad's cheek. Then I continued my story. "On my 12th birthday, I just stopped, I didn't have any withdrawals or relapses after that."

"How?" he asked me, knowing that it happened to everyone after being on drugs.

"I thought about you and Jack and Derek, J.J., Garcia, El, Spence, Emily, the whole team. And then, I thought about mom. She wouldn't have wanted to see me like that."

"How long have you been clean Haley."

"Two years on my 14th birthday. Which is in 2 weeks."

"Where have you been staying all this time."

"I made my way to Chicago after staying here in Virginia for the year I was on drugs. I stayed with Gideon after I moved to Chicago and convinced him not to tell you where I was."

"Why didn't you want me to know where I was?"

"I didn't know how you would take it."

"Well, I'm just glad your back now."

"Thanks dad."

"I guess you should go say hey to the rest of the team. I'll take you by to see Jack during lunch unless we have a case. I guess I'll let you come with me if we have one. Cause if I remember right, before you left, you were a pretty good profiler."

"Thanks dad," I said as we walked out of him office. I could tell everyone was waiting for when we walked out of dad's office cause as soon as the door to his office opened everyone looked up. Then, I saw Derek. "Derek...," I said as a ran up to him. He picked me up as I hugged him. Derek was like my big brother. He sat me down and I hugged everyone else. J.J., Spence, Em, Garcia, Rossi, I found out El had retired and moved to L.A. to work with N.C.I.S. Then, we got a call. We had a case. We all went to the conference room. They still had my old seat there in between dad and Derek. J.J. debriefed us. It was almost like old times.

"Girls around 13-14 years old are being kidnapped and are found dead three weeks later. They're being found in parks on the swing sets. So far over the past three months, 7 girls have gone missing, 4 have been found dead and the other three haven't been found. The first victim Cynthia Greene, 14 was found dead about 4 weeks ago. She had bruises on her arms and rope marks on her hands and feet. She died from a bullet through her head. The next victim Kennedy O'Riley, 13 was found dead a week later, found the same way as Cynthia, but in a different park. Marissa Stanley, 13 was found dead 2 weeks after Cynthia in the same park and on the same swing. Elizabeth Cooper, 14 was found dead last week at the same park as Kennedy, same way. Grace Lynn; 13, Katie Marks; 14, and Kelsie  Hunter; 14 still have not been found."

"Have any connections been found?," Derek asked.

"They all went to the same school and they all brown hair and blue eyes."

I spoke up next, "Were they all in the same grade?"

"Yes. 8th."

"I think I have a hunch..."

"What is it?" Rossi asked me.

"Let me think about it a little bit before I share."

"Ok," dad said, "wheels up in 20."

Then, dad walked up to me, "you wanna talk about it with the team?"

"Not yet."

"After we get back, I'm going to have to enroll you in a school." I just nodded.

"Dad..." I said.

"Yes."

"Who's watching Jack?"

"About that. I have a girlfriend. Her name's Beth. Are you ok with that Haley?"

"Dad," I said, "Are you happy?"

"Yes?"

"Then I'm happy. Now, come on."

"Haley wait a minute."

"Yes dad."

"You're going to be out in the field," he said handing me a gun, "you're gonna need to be protected."

Hugging him I said, "Thanks dad. Now let's go." I grabbed my backpack that had a change of clothes in it.

Word Count: 1111