Chapter 9: Kenzie

Everything was back to normal. I went to school and then to FBI headquarters. Matt doesn't bother me or any of my friends anymore, life couldn't be more perfect. We finally got a new case and we're headed to Los Angeles to investigate a series of murders. We were working with NCIS. We reviewed to case and were now just sitting on the plane talking. Derek was sitting right beside me and dad was in front of me and beside Rossi. JJ, Emily, and Spence were sleeping. I laid my head on Derek's shoulder and of course he let me. I fell asleep 

———Time Skip Aaron's POV———

"Who's gonna wake her up?" Morgan whispered.

"Someone just wake her up," I said.

"She is awake." Reid whispered.

"How do you know?" JJ responded.

"Her breathing is faster, so she's either awake, pretending to be asleep, or fixing to have a nightmare."

"Her breathings becoming more rapid." Rossi said.

"Wake her up."

Haley shot up, her breathing still really fast, "it was just a nightmare," she whispered over and over again. She slowly calmed down.

"You Ok kid." Morgan asked.

"It was just a nightmare. I'm fine."

"Ok."

Haley's POV

We left the jet and headed to the NCIS headquarters. We arrived and parked the SUV's out front. Dad punched the code in that Hetty had sent him and we walked into the building only to have at least 20 guns pointed in our face.

"Who are you?" A blue eyed dark haired guy asked.

"Put you guns away people," Hetty said walking around the corner, "get back to work."

"Mr. Hotchner. I'm so happy you could come." Hetty said to dad.

"Hetty!" I said running up and giving her a hug.

"Haley my dear you've grown so much." I just smiled. "Let's go up to OPS."

Hetty led us up a staircase and into a room. In the room were tons of computers along with the blue eyed guy that held a gun to us. 5 other people were also in the room; a blonde haired dude that looked like a surfer, a tall, black guy, a guy with glasses, and a girl that looked incredibly intelligent. Hetty spoke up first, "these are the FBI Agents helping with the case."

"Why's a kid here?" The blonde surfer dude asked.

"I have a name!" I responded.

"Well then what is it and why are you here?"

"My name's Haley. And I'm here to work on the case."

Just then the door opened and a recognizable voice began to talk. "Sorry I'm late Hetty. There was terrible traffic."

Dad and I both turned around at the same time. "Kenzie!" I said as I ran toward my Aunt and my dad's younger half-sister.

"Haley. It's so good to see you. You've grown so much."

"Yeah."

"Aaron."

"Kenzie."

"Ok. What is going on?" The blue eyed guy said.

"Kenzie is my half-sister on my mom's side." Dad said.

"We haven't seen each other in a few years."

"Well," said the smart girl. "Normally when two siblings haven't seen each other in a long time, they give each other a hug."

"Well," Dad started only to be interrupted by Kenzie.

"We got in an argument 3 years ago."

Then I spoke up, "it was after I ran away wasn't it. After mom died?"

"Yes. But it had nothing to do with you." Kenzie said, "your father and I just got into an argument."

"Your lying it had everything to do with me."

"How did you know?"

"I profiled you. You didn't look me directly in the eye like you always do when you tell me something. I'm here now, can you please make up. Please..."

"Fine, we'll work on it."

"Dad?"

"Ok," he responded.

"Good. Now we have a case and I still don't know your names and you don't know ours."

Blue eyes spoke up first, "I'm Callen."

Next was tall dude, "Sam, Sam Hanna."

"Eric Beale," said the dude with glasses.

"Nell Jones." Smart girl said.

Now surfer dude was the only one left.

"I still don't get why a kids here," surfer dude said. "I'm Marty, Marty Deeks by the way."

"I'm here because I'm a Federal Agent for the FBI's BAU," I said pulling out my ID. Deeks must have seen my gun on the side because he said, "Oh My God. The kid had a gun."

"Yeah. And I bet I can shoot better then you."

Hetty then stepped in, "Mr. Deeks she is here on my invitation and she probably can shoot better then you. Now, the rest of you need to introduce yourselves."

"SSA Aaron Hotchner, Team leader.

"SSA Derek Morgan."

"SSA Jennifer Jareau, you can call me JJ."

"SSA David Rossi."

"SSA Emily Prentiss."

"Dr. Spencer Reid."

"Penelope Garcia Technical Analysts."

I introduced myself last. "Special Agent Haley Hotchner."

Some characters in this chapter belong to NCIS LA.