Chapter 3: Telling The Team and Seeing Jack

Haley's POV

I was laying on one of the couches on the jet. I was fixing to take a nap, when Derek came and sat down at my feet. "Sit up Haley." Slowly, I sat up, "tell me what really happened while you were gone Haley."

"I don't want to talk about it Derek. I made some bad choices."

"Haley, we all care about you, we were worried. You're family Haley."

"You really want to know don't you Derek?"

"We all do Haley."

"Fine, but only because I love you guys."

I walked over to dad. "It's time to tell them dad."

"Are you sure."

"Yeah."

"Haley has something she wants to share."

"All of you probably want to know what happened to me almost 3 years ago..."

"Yes." They all said.

"Well, here goes nothing. Please don't see me any differently. It started after mom died. I was never the same, dad was never the same, it was really hard... One of the 'bad girls' at school offered me something. I wasn't thinking straight, so despite your warnings, I accepted it. She told me would calm my nerves. I became addicted to it. The next day, was when I ran away. I was scared of what all of you guys would think," I said in tears, "all of you guys being in the FBI, I knew you guys would have wanted to help, but I just couldn't bring myself to tell you. I was on drugs for about a year, I stayed here in Virgina, then, on my 12th birthday, I just quit. No relapse, no nothing I was perfectly fine. I quit because I thought about all of you. I went to Chicago and I stayed with Gideon. He had promised me he wouldn't tell you guys where I was. That's pretty much it..."

They all gave me a hug. Then, I got to Derek, "How long have you been clean?"

"Almost 2 years in a few weeks. My 14th birthday to be exact."

"Are you gonna have a party?

"I haven't really thought about it, but I do know that I want to spend time with my family," I said looking around at everyone.

We landed shortly after I finished my story. We did some paperwork, and finally it was time to leave. "You ready to see Jack? He's gotten so big. He's 8 now."

"I'm excited to see him, I just wonder if he'll remember me."

"He'll remember you. He talks about you every night before he goes to bed."

We pulled into the driveway of the house, the house where I watched helplessly as my mother died. "Haley," he said, "You Ok."

"I'm fine, just thinking about mom..."

"I miss her too Haley."

I know you do..."

I got out of the car and we walked up to the door. Dad unlocked the door and opened it. And walked inside to the hallway. "Wait here," he told me.

He walked on inside, a few minutes later, he came in with Jack. Jack stopped right in front of me, "Haley," he said. 

I got down on one knee, "it's me Jack."

He ran up to me and threw his arms around my neck. "I love you Jack," I whispered into his ear.

"I love you too."

Just then, a woman walked into the hallway. I stood up with Jack on my hip. "You must be Beth," I said.

"Yes...And you are?"

"Haley, Haley Grace Hotchner.

"You're Haley?"

"Yes ma'am."

"It's nice to finally meet you."

"It's nice to meet you to."

I sat jack down and walked up to her and gave her a hug I whispered in her ear, "Don't worry, you won't have to watch me too when dad's away. I help out a lot on the cases. I always have."

"Ok." I could tell she was relieved.

"Haley," dad said, "time for bed, I have to enroll you in school tomorrow."

"Ok dad."

I walked to my old room I opened the door. It was still the same teal blue color I had left it. I walked in, changed into my pajamas, and laid down in my bed. Dad walked in, "I'm glad you're back Haley." He said kissing my four head.

"I am too."

Slowly, I drifted off to sleep...

Word Count: 718