Chapter 8: School Bullies

(Three weeks after completed case.)

Dad dropped me off at school and drove to work. Even though I was a fully functional FBI federal agent, I still had to go to school. I walked into the school and as it was only 7:00, I went to Uncle Jason's office. Some people knew of my relation to the principal, whoever Matt O'Reilly did not. Only Macey, Lilly, Kelsie, Kailyn, and my teachers knew of me being an official federal agent. My gun stayed in my book bag along with my Swiss Army Knife. As I wondered into the office, my thought kept going back to the case 3 weeks ago, we hadn't had any really big cases since that one. I pulled out my computer and logged in just as Uncle Jason walked into his office.

"Morning Haley."

"Good Morning Uncle Jason."

"Whatcha working on..."

"Paperwork."

"They still make you do paperwork?"

"Yeah."

"You want some coffee." He said as the pot finished.

"Yes. Black."

He sat the cup in front of me. Thanks Uncle Jason."

"You're welcome. You best be heading to Homeroom, School starts in 10 minutes."

"Okay," I said as I stood up to walk out, "see you later."

"Bye Haley."

I walked out of Uncle Jason's office to find Matt O'Reilly walking into the school. He must have seen me walk out because he called my name. I ignored him and continued to my locker. I put all my stuff in my locker that I wouldn't need, locked my locker, and started to Homeroom when none other than Matt O'Reilly stepped in front of me blocking my way.

"What do you want Matt?"

"I want to know what little miss FBI baby did to have to go to the principals office?"

"I didn't do anything."

"Then why were you in the Principal's office."

"I always go to UNCLE JASON's office I the morning."

"Uncle Jason?"

"Yeah now move." I pushed past him and went to my Homeroom class. I sat down in my seat just as the bell rang. Mrs Smith took role and soon class started. 

Finally, it was time for lunch. I sat down at my table with my friends when I got a call. I checked my watch and it said it was from JJ. I left the table and walked outside the cafeteria.

I answered, "Hey J, what's up?"

"Garcia's gonna send you some files. We need help profiling this case, but it's too dangerously for you to be in the field."

"Okay."

"I'll see you when I pick you up from school."

"Okay. Bye J."

"Bye."

I hung up the phone just as Matt walked into the cafeteria. "So, Hotchner. Who's J."

"My Aunt JJ."

"Well. You're not allowed to have your phone out at school."

"It was FBI related."

"Still. Principal Gideon will have to punish you."

"He gave me permission..."

"You listen to me you worthless little punk," he said, "no one cares about you."Then, he hit me. I was fuming, but I stayed calm.