I used to know you

————- ✼ ————-

𝙮/𝙣'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

"I wish I could stay with you forever," Ben whispered, tugging me closer to his chest as we watched the sunset at the temple. I slowly shut my eyes to the faint thump of Ben's heartbeat. 

The lake on the horizon illuminated the fading daylight, producing a warm glow. We rested in comfortable silence, exhausted from our day of training. "My space angel." He whispered into my hair. "Moondust," I whispered back, peacefully falling asleep in his arms. 

I jolted awake, quickly realizing that I wasn't in Naboo anymore. I was laid on top of a large black bed, which was almost dwarfed by the huge dark-toned bedroom. My eyes flitted around the room, eventually settling on the Supreme Leader, who was seemingly asleep on a seat by the bed. My eyes widened as my heart beat rapidly, fear gripping my chest. 

Where am I? What happened?!  

I shivered from the freezing temperature. My eyes suddenly fell on my blaster, which was laid on a desk near the Supreme Leader's chair. 

I silently seized the blaster, examining it to find that it appeared to be in perfect condition. This situation confused me greatly. One moment I was on Naboo, the next I wake up here, on this ship. Ship? Maybe a ship? Maybe he drugged me. I took in a deep breath, my gaze reverting back to the man.

Wait, he kidnapped me. I've been kidnapped. Oh fuck, I've actually been kidnapped. What do I do?! I thought as my eyes widened even more. Dash had always teased me that one day I was going to get kidnapped, but that was only when he would find me aimlessly walking around Theed, looking for something good to do.

I began to take a few cautious steps towards Kylo Ren, who still appeared to be sleeping in the chair. I tilted my head to the side, observing his odd sleeping position. He seemed to be hunched over, and his face was hidden by his arms. 

This was oddly curious. He had let his guard down. He seemed like the last person in the universe who would ever let his guard down.

He couldn't possibly trust me already.

I began chewing the inside of my cheek. Suddenly, I lifted my hand up toward him, only to quickly bring it back down to my side. What the heck was I just about to do? I shook off the feeling, holding my blaster up to face him. 

What if I just shot him right now? I could find an escape pod and get out of this wretchedly cold ship and go back to Naboo, where I belong. For a brief moment, I actually considered this plan, well, before my common sense kicked in.

Obviously, he was a skillful leader, and he could probably sense that I was awake right now. My eyes widened at the thought that he might even be faking sleep right now, waiting for the right moment to surprise me and kill me. 

"I won't."

 𝙆𝙮𝙡𝙤'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

As soon as she heard my voice, she yelped, quickly bringing her blaster up to my face. I had sensed her awakening as soon as she sat up in bed. I wanted to see what she would do.

"Where am I? What do you want from me!?" She shrieked, as soon as she shook off her surprise. I took in a deep breath and stepped forward, gently lowering her raised blaster with a finger, making sure to not spook her. She watched as I lowered her blaster, staring at me with wild eyes.

Before I could stop myself, I hugged her. I folded my arms tightly around her waist and back. She seemed frozen at first before gently pushing me back. 

I hated this feeling. It made me feel weak, and that was something that couldn't stand. Maybe this was all too much for her. I could admit, if I put myself in her shoes, this whole situation was fucking crazy.

The least I could do was answer her questions.

"You're on the Supremacy, a ship of the First Order's. I came to Naboo to find you. You recognize me because I am from your past. For some reason, you don't remember anything, including me. But you knew me when I was still Ben Solo. Before I...changed." I answered, finding it hard to get the words out. 

She shook her head, staring at me with eyes wide in disbelief.

"I don't know who Ben Solo is but I kinda...I kinda do. I-I don't know." She mumbled, breaking eye contact from me. I could tell she believed in what she was saying, but I knew otherwise.

She was as confused as I was.

𝙮/𝙣'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

I could feel my heart tug as he answered each of the questions honestly. His face was full of emotion that he was attempting to conceal, but had no prevail. His eyes seemed heartbroken with almost a hint of irritation. I gazed into them for a second, getting another short sensation of familiarity.

"What do you mean, 'When I was still Ben Solo'?" I asked, puzzled as to what he meant. He glanced into my eyes for a second before answering. "When we were younger, we trained together at Luke Skywalker's temple. We were close, too close. It was against the Jedi code."

 As he continued, my heart rate escalated and my breathing became slightly unsteady. 

That couldn't have been me, right? I've never met Luke Skywalker, let alone trained at a Jedi temple. I looked around frantically as my thoughts echoed noisily throughout my brain. 

What is he talking about?

I started thinking as he told me more. This doesn't feel real. My thoughts then traveled to my dream from earlier. The dream seemed to align with what he was telling me.

Was that a memory, or just a fantasy?  I concentrated hard as I tried to remember the nickname that he called me and the one that I called him. The nicknames seemed special to us, like they meant something important. I continued to only partially listen to Kylo Ren as I tried to pinpoint what we had called each other that night in the fields.

Then it came to me, his voice reverberating throughout my mind as though he had only called me that nickname a moment before.

"I've been looking everywh-" "Moondust," I whispered with ease, gazing up into his eyes as I smiled to myself.

                                      ————- ✼ ————-