together

I didn't need to do this on my own. I had people fighting for me, fighting with me. Together we would fight. Together we would win.

                                          ————- ✼ ————-

𝙮/𝙣'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

                 I woke up highly energized at around 0800. I sat up instantly, glancing around to see quite a few people preparing their ships and double-checking gear. I pulled the lightweight covering off, reaching over and strapping on my boots. I was still wearing Ben's tunic, and I knew that I wasn't going to take it off anytime soon.

I casually strolled out from under the awning, rubbing my eyes as I yawned.

My gaze studied the base around me, and soon I noticed Luke chatting with Leia by a rather large ship. My eyes widened as I recognized it. 

The Millenium Falcon. I gaze up sadly, wandering over to them with a small smile. The fleet wouldn't be sent out until mid-afternoon, and I assumed that everyone was trying to get as much sleep as possible. I knew that I wouldn't be able to fall asleep, let alone find any peace until then.

"Good morning, y/n." Leia greeted, causing Luke to turn around and give me a pleasant smile. "Hey Leia, Luke. I've been meaning to talk to you about something." I began, watching as they nodded for me to continue. "It's about the prophecy. I need to know what's supposed to happen." I said, glancing over at Leia.

"And not only about how we're going to defeat Palpatine." I faltered, playing with my fingers. She nodded, looking to Luke for confirmation.

She held my hand in her own, sitting us down on a nearby bench as Luke went off to find Rey. "I need you to understand that you can't know, y/n. No matter how much you feel you need to know, some things are better to experience than to be told. It's for your own good. For that matter, I don't exactly know what's going to happen. I only know as much as you do." Leia responded, staring deeply into my eyes. I nodded, but was slightly agitated.

"Do you think we'll win?" I whispered, glancing over at her. She sighed, smiling at me. "The prophecy was given to us by the force so long ago. I trust in the force, and so should you." She insisted.

I bit the inside of my cheek, looking away from her. "Leia, I'm scared," I whispered, my voice was barely louder than a whisper. She furrowed her brows, turning to be closer to me. "You're not alone. I bet none of these people got any sleep last night. They know what's at stake, as do you. You would be a fool to not be scared." She chided, though her voice only made me more frustrated.

"How do I know that everything will be fine?" I asked quietly, my gaze transfixed onto my hands folded in my lap. Leia shook her head. "You won't. But you still have to keep going. You still have to have hope."

"What if this doesn't work? We can't just start again tomorrow. We'll be finished. Forever. Our fight will be over." I explained, grimacing at the thought. 

"You must not ever think like that, y/n. Never."

She huffed, looking disappointed. I didn't mean to, but I could feel myself connecting with her mind. And thanks to Kylo's training, she couldn't feel me. I could see her relationship with Rey. They were close. Closer than she was with me.

I felt resentment.

Then I saw her endless pining for Han, then Ben, and finally, me. I was her drive at the moment. She was losing hope in Ben, but she held steady for me. She was sure that she made the right choice, but everyone has their doubts. "You've changed, y/n. More than I would've ever thought you would."