Chapter 10

Jennifer's PoV
While Danny and Lizzie are downstairs me and Paul are alone. He walks towards me.
"So..." He begins, "you look cute,"
"I really don't. I have bed hair and aren't even trying whilst drinking a glass of stale orange juice. How is this cute?" I stare into his hazel eyes and notice the highlights of blue and yellow that tint the greeny, browny shade they are.
"I don't know, you just are. Like, whenever you and Lizzie come over, I find myself staring at you and if you think I'm weird for saying this or crazy tell me now. Because Jennifer I like you, a lot." Paul says.
"I like you too," I look down at my tanned bare feet, "a lot."
"So, would you like to go on a date with me? I don't know, say tomorrow at 8:00?"
"It's a date."
Just then Lizzie bursts in on us holding hands. She's out of breathe and looks tired. Lizzie is shortly followed by Abi, her twin, and Danny, both out of breathe also.
"Aww you guys are cute," Lizzie says catching her breathe.
"Is everything okay?" Paul asks looking worried. I can see Danny giving him eyes that say something is up.
I look Lizzie in the eyes, she nods her head at me answering Paul's question.

Lizzie's PoV

I give Jennifer the signal that something's wrong because something is wrong. Abi would never just turn up out of the blue like this. As we were walking back up the stairs with Danny the silence was deafening. I told her the floor number and pulled Danny to the side letting her carry on up the stairs alone for a while. Danny leans his back against the wall, I stand over him and put my lips near his ear.
"Look Danny," I whisper so he can only just hear. "This may seem like a shock that Abi has arrived like this but it's happened before. About 6 months ago she ran away from our parents to a friends house and locked herself away from the family for days not knowing what to do. She opened up to me about that only a week before me and Jennifer moved out, begging me to stay with her and my parents, what she told me I swore I would never tell anyone so I won't and she has my word. So I told her that if anything like that happened again she could always come to me and stay a couple of nights. Therefore that's what I think is wrong."
He begins to speak but I put my finger on his lips then replace it with my lips. He kisses me back harder. I pull away,
"As much as I love your company, we'd better catch up with Abi before she gets to your apartment so it doesn't look like we abandoned her," I say
"You mean so it doesn't look like the thing we actually did," Danny teases
"Yeah I guess," I flirt, I turn around and start to run up the stairs followed by Danny, he grabs my waist from behind, me on the step above making me his height.
"I like your hair," he says, "it looks nice when it's messy,"