Chapter 5

Darry

I awoke with a pounding headache.

Fuck, I shouldn't have drank so much. I really needed a bottle of water, but couldn't talk myself into getting out of bed. I started thinking back to last night's events, while I could remember the majority of it, there were some parts that were hazy. But I knew within a few hours they would come back to me.

I stayed in bed for an hour longer and fell back asleep. When I woke the second time, I could vividly remember everything that happened the evening before. The bar, Laura's house, the ride home, and asking her out on a date. Shit, I was going to need to plan for that.

Before focusing on what we should do for our date, I think back to when she parked the car and the way she launched herself at me. That was hot. I'd love for her to do it again, just when I was sober, so I could properly enjoy it. Just the thought of it was making me hard. I decided I needed a cold shower.

Once I was up and ready for the day, I realized that my truck was still at the garage. It was a beautiful day out and the boys were all outside hanging around, so I decided to ask them if anyone wanted to go for a walk to pick up my truck.

Dallas, Two-Bite, Sodapop, Johnny, Ponyboy, and I all head to the garage. As we are walking, Dallas has a smoke and begins talking about some of the girls he's been with lately. I zone him out, until he says something directly to me. "You know that Mindy is back in town right Darry?"

Ah, Mindy. We had sex a few times. It was nothing serious, but she always wanted it to be. I hope she wouldn't try to get between me and Laura. Mindy was a nice girl, and she was pretty, but she was nothing compared to Laura. Mindy was flirty and easy, she had been with many people. Meanwhile, I wasn't sure if Laura had even had one man. I really hope she hasn't, but who am I to wish that? I sure as hell didn't wait for someone perfect to come along like her.

"No man, I didn't know. I don't really care either though." I bluntly state.

"Woah, man, you're going to break her heart. She has the hots for you, and we all know it. Well at least fuck her and then tell her, she may leave upset, but she'll be satisfied." Dallas responded.

Could he get any more stupid? Fucking her before I tell her I have absolutely no interest in her would make things ten times worse. Besides, there's only one person I want to have beneath me right now. "Yeah, I don't think so, man. I'll just avoid her as much as I can, and if I can't do that, then I'll be straight up with her." I state.

"Well your loss man. A lay is a lay. Besides, now that you aren't working your life away, it's time for you to get laid." Dallas said. He really knew how to push my buttons, instead of responding, I just huffed. Letting him know that I didn't like nor agree with the things that he was saying to me.

Finally, we arrived at the garage, and we all piled in the truck. I drove us around town for an hour, the boys wanted to pick up beer and smokes for the movie happening at the outdoor theatre, so we did that. That's when I decided the perfect date idea for me and Laura.

After I dropped the guys back off at home, I told them I had a few errands to run. I went back to the store where I picked up a junk lunch for Laura and me, I wasn't sure what her favourite of anything was, so I bought a variety of chips, bars, and pop. I hoped she was into eating this stuff, and I hoped that she was into watching movies.

When I got back home, I decided to call Laura to confirm that our plans were still going ahead that evening. It was a short but simple conversation, I told her that I would drive to her house to get her. Then we would swap out of my truck for one of her dad's cars. I knew he didn't care about me taking them as he always offered them to me during the work week, and I knew if the boys seen my truck they'd come running over. And we would then go watch the movie, in peace. A simple but sweet first date.

I wore a basic outfit. My best fitted jeans, and a casual tee. Slicked my hair back as the typical greaser style and headed out the door. Thankfully, the boys weren't in my house. Otherwise, I'd have quite a few questions to answer. I was surprised they didn't press me when I told them I wasn't going to bother to head to the movies with them.

When I got to Laura's I knocked on the front door. Her father answered, "Hello there Darry. Don't be such a fool with ringing the doorbell, you know you can come on in. Laura isn't ready yet, but she will be shortly."

"Ah I figured, but I felt like I needed to be respectful, sir. Are you comfortable with us taking one of your cars?" I asked.

"You don't have to call me sir, you make me feel old. And you know I don't mind, I'm sure soon enough you'll basically be my son, so go ahead. Choose whichever one you want and drive it out. Laura should be ready by then." He informed me.

I nodded my head and walked to the garage connected to their house. Wow, this is such a beautiful place. I wasn't sure what car to choose, so I just went with the 1968 Revology Mustang. It was red, and it was just a beauty overall. I grabbed the keys and started the car, I then drove to the front of the house and stepped out, waiting for Laura.

When she came out of the house, she took my breath away. She wore a light pink dress— it was simple yet elegant. It had a deep v in the front and the top part was tight, but below that, the dress flowed beautiful.

"Why hello there gorgeous." I finally spoke up. Breaking the awkwardness.

Laura laughed, and replied, "hey Darry. You don't look too bad yourself."

I reached and grabbed her hand as she walked down the stairs. And opened the passenger side door for her to get in. Then I went over to the driver side and got into the car. I was nervous that things would get awkward and fast. So I hurried and said, "I hope you like comedy movies and a junk lunch."

She beamed, "no way Darry! That sounds perfect to me." I looked at her and smiled. She was the sweetest thing I had ever laid my eyes on. Once we arrived to the outdoor movie theatre parking lot, I got our lunches ready. And, we moved into the back seat, so we could comfortably sit on side of one another. Laura sat relatively close to me, and I didn't hesitate to put my arm around her comfortably. She also didn't waste any time in lying against me, which I didn't mind at all.

We made small talk throughout the movie, but about midway through, there was a sex scene in the movie. I chose a comedy movie to avoid this scene, what the hell?? I really didn't want things to escalate too fast between us or faster than what she was ready for.

I could feel her staring at me rather than the movie. So I turned and met her eyes. As soon as we locked eyes, she bit her lip and looked down to my lips. Although I wanted to take things slowly, there was only so much I could resist. I slowly brought my lips against hers. Kissing her slowly but passionately. I put my arm around the small of her back and pushed her in towards me, while she rested one hand around my neck and the other in my hair. Things got hot and heavy, and fast. I pulled her on top of me without breaking our kiss.

*Kiss*you*kiss*are*kiss*so*kiss*beautiful*kiss*

By the time we finally parted lips, I was aroused, and I didn't doubt that she was either by the red look on her face. "I'm sorry if that was too much and too soon, Laura. I really shouldn't do that when I haven't even officially asked you to be mine... So, I'll ask you now, Laura Vokey would you like to be my girlfriend?"