Reunion

How did that witch know his name Maximus thought... Because she is a witch that can read minds Maximus replied to himself. "Excuse me ma'am but how do you know my name?" Maximus asked the witch.

"What do I look like? An old and cunning witch? Call me Alice! You must be Maximus, the brave knight from the King's royal guard, who doesn't know you? You've slain ogre's with your bare hands, slew dragons with your own mighty sword, for me to not know you would be embarrassing for you." Replied the witch.

She collected the magic dust in a pouch filled with various other stardust, they all glittered like diamonds. She bottled the poison in what looked like a test tube and then capped the bottle tightly.

The archer, on the other hand, was polishing his bow. There was something interesting that caught Maximus' eye, the bow had no bowstring, in fact, the archer wasn't carrying any arrows. How did the archer slay that beetle then?

"Well, well, well Maximus, the brave knight, falling to a weak beetle, how pitiful that I had to save you." The archer teased. 

"The name's James, James the archer, and I never miss, n e v e r. Got it?" The archer introduced himself. 

Maximus didn't like that greeting, it seemed as if the archer felt that he was stronger, braver, wiser and better than Maximus, although it was true, Maximus felt it was a tad bit rude to greet someone by bragging how good you were.

Howl...

"Wolves... their coming..." Alice warned as she took out her magic wand... the wand was quite exquisite, it was designed and craved magnificently, the handle made it easy to grip on to with lines carved to look as if it was twirling around the wand. There were vines, growing around the wand-like morning glory growing on the wand. 

"Arrow, find your target!" James exclaimed. He acted as if he were pulling the string of the bow even though there was no string. Out of the blue, a glowing string materialized out of thin air, with a magic arrow, glowing at the arrow rest. The tip of the arrow was as sharp as a shark's tooth, the arrow could move at the speed of lightning.

A wolf pounced on James as he screamed for help, his bow was no use to fight back the wolf, other than keeping the sharp teeth at bay. But this was no normal wolf, it was an undead wolf. You could see its rib cage from its body, normally a wolf would be dead with an injury like that. it had the rotten smell of dead corpses decomposing. Alice cast a spell causing the wolf to fall beside James' tired body. Maximus then did the final blow and stabbed the wolf with his mighty sword... it was silent... an eerie silence... it was quiet... too quiet. 

Maximus heard the trees rustle and saw the bushes sway from side to side... the air was still though, there was no wind at all. There was a presence, a dark presence. 

Suddenly, a dark mist appeared... all the surrounding plants withered and the grass dried up. "This magic... it's dark magic of a necromancer..." Alice warned as she gripped her wand tightly as if she was nervous. How scary can a necromancer be, right? How wrong Maximus was. "It's the son of death himself, the darkest and strongest necromancer there is, Harvey..." James explained. Maximus was confused, what was a necromancer? The son of death? Oh No... 

The necromancer Harvey appeared out of nowhere, with two undead wolves protecting him, and three skeleton henchmen surrounding him and undead zombies which look like regular townsfolk injured and wounded badly. Those townsfolk should be dead with their bodies wounded so badly but because of Harvey's dark magic, they are able to live but as mindless, man-eating zombies. They followed Harvey's every command but they were very weak and one mighty blow would break their bones like toothpicks.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the brave royal knight Maximus. The wisest witch of the Light, Alice. The sharpest Six-shooter, archer James. And me, the most deadly enemy you'll meet, Harvey's the name, and it's the last name you'll ever hear. Mary? Do the honours..."

Whoosh! A shadowy figure flew past the trio of heroes as they turn around in confusion. Was that figure human? Was it going to hurt them? And who was this 'Mary'? Out of the blue, an assassin pounced from behind onto Maximus' back. There was a loud thud and stood there was a hooded assassin with quick reflexes. 

"The name's Mary, the assassin that lurks in the dark. If you see me, might as well be dead. I'm better known as Bloody Mary around these parts." The assassin introduced herself while removing her hood. 

"Can you get off my back?!" Maximus grunted. Mary's reply was a simple yes. She then jumped on James, trying to stab him. "ATTACK!" Harvey commanded. As soon as that, the wolves pounced on Maximus once again as the skeletons and zombified townsfolk chased after Alice. "A little help here..." Grunted James, his bow was no use when the enemy was up close. "I'm kind of occupied with two wolves here if you couldn't tell James!" Maximus shouted.

Alice tried to hold back the undead with her magical force field. "It's not working, the dark magic is too strong, even for me!" Alice panicked. Maximus dealt with the wolves with ease as he had his mighty sword and came dashing heroically to James. Mary heard Maximus heading for her and dodged his sword of strength by jumping towards Alice. Maximus attacked viciously and nearly hit James. Luckily James still held on to his bow and blocked the blow. 

"Whoops... nearly hit you there, sorry" 

"Apologize later, save Alice first!"

Mary jumped onto the force field and stabbed her dagger into the force field. The force field started to crack like glass. Maximus didn't learn from last time and ran straight towards Mary once again. He broke through the force field and left Alice defenceless.

James took action and pulled his bow. He aimed three mystic arrows, one at Mary, one at Harvey and the last one at the zombies. The zombies all turned to dust with one shot, Mary was paralysed with fear and Harvey's cape was pinned to the ground by the arrow, limiting his movements. 

"Let's go Maximus, can't afford you making any more mistakes." Said James as he dragged the petrified Alice with him. Maximus then realised, the four adventurers were his friends!