•》Chapter I: "Prize of Pain" - Part1《•

Zach was in a room while waiting for the preparation. He recalled all the memories that were just returned to him.

It's in his mind how it all began. He's aware of all the dangers he had been through.

It's true his love for her had put him in the brink of death more than once, but it was also his love for her that kept him alive.

He has no doubts. He has no regrets.

Claire is not just a girl he loves the most. She's his breath, his warmth, his sunshine, and his world.

He knew it's not about being blinded by love, because he could see and understand it all clearly. He knew very well what he wanted that moment. He wanted her back, and he'll do it whatever the cost, whatever the consequence.

He recalled her last words.

Claire wanted him to never forget her love for him. She wanted him to always remember it.

Then, her smile, the sad smile she gave him. It was imprinted in his mind. It gives him strong urge every time he sees it in his memory.

His body would quiver not because of fear but because of combined anger and impulsion.

"Just wait for me Claire... I'm coming... I'll get you out of there, if it's the last thing I do." he whispered.

Then, a knock on the door came.

"If you're ready, Dr Filbur is waiting for you in his lab to give you instructions." Per told him from the doorstep.

She tried to make her voice calm to avoid increasing his tension, but when he looked at her, she found no single fear nor hesitation on his face.

He stood up from the chair and walked towards her.

"Take me to him now." he said without second thoughts.

After hearing that, she nodded and headed the way.

In the lab, Per, Ark and Zach sat on chairs around a small steel table. Filbur remained standing.

Then, he gave his eyes at Zach. Zach understood it and immediately gave his attention.

"Well Zach, let me first tell you what's going to happen before we put Cerro's wings on you... See that?"

Filbur pointed at a big silver container safely placed in a secured compartment behind him.

"The wings are your ride to Henthel, but you still need a key to get in, and that would be it." he explained indistinctly.

"What's in there?" Zach asked.

"Cerro's Angthen blood" the doctor answered in a serious tone.

Zach gave him an expression that tells him he already knew what it is all about.

"If I read your mind correctly, yes Zach. We will put Cerro's blood in your body. That's the only way we can fasten the wings on you. The wings will only follow the same blood it carries." Filbur explained.

Per noticed Zach's bothered expression.

"Cerro permitted this. There's no need to feel guilty or skeptical. He also wants to save Claire." she told him to strengthen his will.

Zach took her words, but he was still confused about one thing.

"Is that possible? Mixing the blood of an Angthen into a human?" he asked.

"It depends to the human. It depends to you. Now, let me tell you the rough part. The truth is, it's not easy to fuse the blood of two different beings. Angthen blood is ten times thicker than of a human. It means the process will give you terrible, terrible pain. In other word... a torture." Filbur said with traces of menace.