•》Chapter XVI: "Unexpected Deal" - Part2《•

Melissa felt restless while walking with Ark on the sidewalk.

"Um... do you have a name?" she asked.

"Aris" he answered right away.

When she didn't speak more, he did.

"Tell me how did you get that photo? What are you doing in that hospital at the middle of the night?" he asked.

"I was walking home from a party when I saw a rampage in a vacant lot. I knew it was dangerous, but I was desperate that time. I sneaked in and found the abandoned hospital. I saw people running to get in. I climbed up the metal staircase on the building's wall to get a nice view of what was happening inside. When I reached the doorway, I heard gunshots. I panicked, but I forced myself not to run. I dropped my body down the floor and from the small whole I found, I took the shot. I really didn't know you were there. I was also stunned by the photo I got." she recalled.

"You're a crazy young lady. You heard gunshots and you didn't run?" he asked in a sarcastic tone.

"I told you, I was desperate." she repeated.

"Why do you love photography so much anyway?" he asked in a curious tone.

"My late dad is one of the best photographers of TDT, the biggest newspaper company here in Australia. I want to be like him someday. You know, capturing both beauties and wilds of the world." she answered.

Ark saw wonders in her eyes. He could tell she really wanted to follow her father's footsteps.

"How is it so far?" he asked.

"Truth is, I used your photo to get a position in that newspaper company. I did. I got the job." she answered.

"I'm sorry, but whatever reason you got there, I still can't go without clearing my exposure." he said.

"You don't have to apologize. I know what I did. I shouldn't have disturbed whatever thing you're doing." she replied.

"Alright, let's just get a perfect replacement for that photo. You still have a day and a half." he cheered, but Melissa felt he was only teasing her.

Ark let her roamed around the town square the whole afternoon. He was in a short distance watching her kneeled, bent, climbed and ran all over the place.

After three hours, she returned looking very exhausted.

"You looked totally burned out." he told her.

"Being a photographer is not easy." she replied.

"Come on, let me get you some drink." he invited.

He took her in a nearby dessert shop.

"Go on. Get whatever you like. I'll treat you since I enjoyed watching you." he said while gesturing at the menu on the table.

"Are you making fun of me?" she asked.

Ark tittered.

"No, that's not what I mean. You actually looked pretty cute running around like a child." he answered with a smile.

After hearing that, Melissa felt a little shy.

While they're eating, Ark examined her appearance. She has a long brown wavy hair, a pair of green eyes and thick eyelashes. The freckles on her nose and cheeks suits her. She was wearing a red checkered long sleeves and a white shirt inside. For him, she's a typical kind of woman.