Chapter 1: An Eerie But Exciting Feeling

It was a crisp chilly evening. The sun was starting to set. The clouds were turning from a bright blue to a light eerie gray. The wind picked up as the night drew nearer. Despite the weather, there was still a party to attend to, but not just any party, It was, of course, Bruce Wayne's party. It was only natural for (Y/N) to attend the party, after all, she is one of Bruce Wayne's best friends. They have known each other since they were kids, about the age of four to be exact. (Y/N) was not a fan of social gatherings, but she wanted to catch up with her friend and of course her beloved Alfred. No, she was not very close to Alfred, but she held high respect for him. Wearing a purple fitted dress and black boots to go with it,(Y/N) walked through the front doors of the Wayne Manor. Carefully doing her best not to be noticed by many, she steps onto the elevator and pushes the button that leads to the top floor. As the elevator door opened, she was greeted by none other than Alfred himself. "Good afternoon (Y/N). You look lovely this evening. Care for a drink?" "Oh, no thank you, Alfred, You don't look too shabby yourself there old man!" Alfred couldn't help but let out a breathy laugh at that. He knew (Y/N) since she was young, and cared about her just as much Bruce did. "Have you seen Bruce yet (Y/N)?" "No, I have not. Could you possibly tell me where he is? You know I don't like crowds too much." 'Of course, how could I forget? He is on the balcony over to your left." "Thank you!" As (Y/N) carefully walks over to the balcony, doing her best not to bump into anybody, she cannot help but get this eerie feeling. A feeling that excites her, yet is distant. Bruce quickly notices her as soon as she gets to the doorway of the balcony. "(Y/N)! Glad you could make it! How have you been? I haven't seen you in a while." "I'm good Bruce! I'm glad I could make it too. It's nice to see you! How have you been? Busy as usual?" "Yeah, you know the good old meetings and stuff. Say, is everything alright? Last I heard you quit working at Arkham. Do you need money or a place to stay? You know I am willing to help you." "Thanks, Bruce, but I'm okay. The job just wasn't for me. You know me, I just get bored too easily." "Yeah, I understand that. Well, I'm going to go talk to Rachel. Please try to enjoy yourself, and reach out to me if you need me." "Will do!" With that, Bruce left. (Y/N) was shocked to know that word got around about her quitting Arkham. She didn't have an important job there, to begin with anyway. (Y/n) was there to train the guards and to study the mindset of the patients. They would have put her as a doctor and would have given her patients if she would have gone in to earn her Ph.D., but school just wasn't her thing. So she was left to give the files of certain patients to specific doctors. Nothing too exciting about that. (Y/N) walked to the back of the room to avoid any potential conversations, when suddenly that all too exciting but eerie feeling came back, but stronger than before. Deep down she was excited but showed no sign of emotion on the outside. Suddenly gunshots started going off just a floor below the party. Everyone started to panic and tried to find a safe spot. Curious as to what was going on, (Y/N) didn't move. It was as if her feet were glued to the ground. Before anyone could exit the room, the elevator popped open to reveal Gotham's most famous criminal, the Joker. There was no real reason why he was there, he just wanted to stir things up. Everyone was terrified, everyone but (Y/n). One man was brave enough to try to stand up to the joker. "We aren't afraid of you and your damn thugs" the man shouted. Joker slowly walked over to him. "You know, you remind me of someone..." Joker grabbed the man roughly by the back of the head and put a knife to his throat. "Someone I despise. You know, you look nervous." "Okay, that's enough." Joker turned around to notice (Y/N) who was now standing in the middle of the room with all of the attention on her. "Well, hello Beautiful. And you are very beautiful, Doll." Joker slowly walked up to (Y/n) with the knife in his hand. He finally reached where she was standing and was a little thrown off that there was no emotion plastered on her face. "Come here," he said. Joker tried to grab her face, but she grabbed his wrist. She was able to push him away and throw a kick to his gut. All that came from him was his hyena laugh. "You got a lot of fight in you, I like that." Trying to get close to her yet again, she did the unexpected, she pulled out a switchblade that was hidden in her boot. "Hooo! I like that a lot!" Before any more could happen, Batman showed up and started fighting the Joker. Batman sent a strong punch to the Joker's chest making him fly back and onto the ground. While Batman was busy beating up some of Joker's goons, the Joker was able to grab a hold of Rachel and put a gun to her head. "Drop the gun." Batman says in his throaty voice. "Sure. Why don't you just tell us who you are?" Joker shot the glass window causing it to shatter. He then held Rachel off of the ledge waiting for Batman's next move. "Let her go." "What a poor choice of words." The Joker then released Rachel letting her fall to her death. Batman jumped out the window after her, meanwhile, everyone was running to escape. On the way out, Joker motioned for his goons to get ahold of (Y/N). She fought as many of them as she could until they got a hold of both of her arms and her feet. "Now you are an interesting one Doll. Very...Interesting." Suddenly, (Y/N) feels a sharp slight pain like some sort of pinprick in her neck. She continues to struggle until she slowly starts to lose consciousness. Before her vision completely fades, all she remembers seeing is the Joker carrying her, looking down at her with those painted red lips in a Cheshire like smile.