Chapter 11: A Day of Relaxation

~(Y/N)'s POV~ 

I woke up on a soft, but firm surface. The heat was radiating off of it. It was so comfy I never wanted to get up. I only did what felt right, and I nuzzled closer to it. I opened my eyes to realize that I was laying on Jack's chest. My cheeks turned bright red. "Hehe. Goodmorning Doll. Comfy?" Oh Great! He caught me too. Well, better just be honest and playful. "Well with someone like you in the same bed, I don't see why I wouldn't," I replied with a smirk. Jack just looked down at me and smirked. Seeing him without his makeup is new, but it's something I could get used to. He was a very handsome man with and without makeup. I'm glad I got the luxury to be able to be with this man and help him just like he's helping me. I'm not sure if he knows that, but he is. "As much as I don't want to, I have to get up Doll. I have some work to do." "Ahhh alright, I guess I'll get ready too." "What the hell? No! You're staying here today and you are relaxing. I need you to heal before you can go out again. No, if, and, or buts. That's an order." Honestly, the authority in his voice is very sexy. Though I replied by rolling my eyes, and then an idea came to mind. "What if I don't listen?" Jack just smirked. "Well, then you will have to be punished." We both just smiled at each other and started chuckling. "What am I supposed to do though? It's going to be boring with you here to annoy you know." Jack just scoffed and rolled his eyes."You will be fine. I'm just visiting with the mayor is. I'll be back before you know it." You watched as Jack went to his mirror and started putting his warpaint back on. It was kind of cute how messy he was with it. It was entertaining, to say the least. He grabbed his coat and started to head out. "J!" He stopped in his tracks and looked back at you. "You better come back or I swear I am going to find you and beat that pretty ass of yours into the depths of hell." The Joker just laughed. "You think my ass is pretty?" (Y/N) smiled back. "Go kick some Mayor ass, and show them who is the best in Gotham." Joker smiles and walked out of the room leaving (Y/N) to her thoughts and her gunshot wound. Walking out of the Joker's room, you head to your own to take a shower and change the bandage. It hurt like a bitch, so afterward you got dressed and grabbed a bottle of alcohol from the fridge downstairs. All of the goons were sitting around playing poker and joking around. You took a swig of the alcohol, it cools you down and helps you ease the pain. "You okay Boss? How's your shoulder?" "It's fine Tyrell. Thanks." "No problem." "Hey Tyrell, can you do me a favor?" "Sure thing boss." (Y/N) reaches into her back pocket and pulls out a letter. "Can you deliver this for me? Just put it in the mailbox and leave without being noticed." "May I ask what this is about?" "It's nothing. Just a letter to an old friend. That's all." "Alright. Be back in a bit." With that, he left the warehouse and did as you asked him. It was so boring! All that could be done was watch TV and draw while the Joker was gone. Finally, after what seemed like hours, The Joker came back. "Hey Doll. How are you holding up?" "oh, you know. Just bored out of my fucking mind." The Joker just chuckles. "Come on." With that, you follow him back up to his room. You sit on the bed as he takes his coat off and then lays on the bed next to you. He stretches cracking all of his bones. "How'd it go?" "Well, I had a good shot at the mayor, but the stupid cop jumped out in front of him and protected him. Eh! What the hell. It was all to create a scene anyways and it worked." You just laughed. "Hey, I've been meaning to ask you, did you take the goon who accidentally shot me with you?" The Joker smiled. "He got what was coming for him." you both laughed and enjoyed each other's company. "If it's too much then I'll wait, but... I do believe you owe me dinner since I won the game." You looked at the Joker waiting for an answer. "You want to go tonight Doll?" "I mean yeah. It will give you time to relax, and I can't do anything anyways. Might as well go out and have something besides leftovers and fast food for once." The Joker just nodded his head in agreement. "Alright. I've got the place." He went over to his table and started to take his makeup off. Trying to make them less obvious, he put some concealer and foundation on. It doesn't cover them up completely, but it's not as noticeable. Jack put on an oversized grey hoodie and pulled the hood over his face to hide his face a bit more. You were wearing sweatpants and a sweatshirt. "Do I need to change at all?" "Nah. you're fine just the way you are Doll. Come on let's go." The Joker led you out of the warehouse and into the car. It wasn't a long drive. You arrived in front of a bar. You guys took your seats in the back away from the people. The waitress took your orders and left to get your food. "This is great. Thanks." Jack just smiled at you in return. The waitress came back with your orders. You had ordered a beer, and some mild wings, while the Joker ordered a beer and some hot wings. You both ate your food and talked as if you were friends for years. While you both were having fun and enjoying yourselves, a letter was received at the Wayne Manor. "Bruce. You've got a letter." "From who Alfred?" "Doesn't say." "Should I open it?" "I would be careful." Bruce slowly opened the letter and began to read it. 

"Dear Bruce, By now I am sure you have seen my face and who I truly am. I am so very sorry. I should've told you about who I am and about my family. I just want you to know, that I tried to live the other life. I tried so hard to be on the better side, but it just couldn't happen. Too much hurt from the past comes to haunt you. The better life just wasn't for me. I just want you to know that being your friend was the best thing that has ever happened to me. You're still considered one of my best friends even though I may not be one for you anymore. Thank you for everything Bruce. I'm sorry again, I hope someday you could forgive me. Tell the old man I miss him too. You both are such amazing individuals and I am glad I had you two in my life. I wish I could be different and be friends with you forever, but sadly it just can't be that way. Take care of yourself.

Sincerely,

(Y/N)"

"Alfred..." "Yes, Master Bruce?" "It was from (Y/N)." Bruce stated sadly. Alfred looked down as well. They were both upset. They had seen you when the Joker came and crashed their part. Hell, Bruce fought you, but you didn't know that. His heart broke when he saw you working with him. Bruce isn't sure if he can forgive you, but he can't hate you. He misses you as a friend dearly. Now he knows why you haven't answered your calls. He just wishes that you had told him about your past and who you were. Maybe then, he would be able to forgive you and accept the fact that you are a criminal. Bruce got up, letter in hand, and headed towards his room. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't bring himself to get rid of the letter. So, he hid it away in his drawer and went to bed. Back at the warehouse, The Joker, and (Y/N) head upstairs. (Y/N) was about to turn into her room when the Joker stopped her and pointed to his room. (Y/N) understood and had a big smile on her face. The Joker's room was now starting to become their room. Walking into their room, they locked the door so no goons came in and saw Jack's face. Jack helped (Y/N) change her bandage one more time, and they both crawled into bed. Both fell asleep happy and comfortable. Something neither of them had had in a long time.