Chapter 4

My shoes scrunched against the white blanket that covered the forest ground. Both Edria and I wanted to lay down into the snow and wave our arms and legs until we marked a permanent shape. However, the fact that we weren't alone and the sacred location where we stood, had me burring even the mere thought of it.

Less than ten steps away from me loomed a giant monstrosity known as the werewolf castle. The exterior was carved with too many windows for me to check if anyone was secretly peeking down on us, but that didn't stop me from trying.

"State your names."

A cold male voice pulled my eyes from the castle's soft brown shade to the scowling warrior stationed in front of a gate twice my size.

"Jansen, Alpha of Red Moon," Blake, who stood in the front of our little group, pointed at Ren, who was standing right beside him. "And the scowling she-wolf is the Luna of Red Moon."

"Tate, Alpha of Black Moon." Hunter followed next and then glanced in my direction. "And this is my—"

"Molly Braxton," I cut in. "I'm here in place of Alpha Braxton of Blue Moon. And these are the Beta and the Beta Female of Blue Moon."

I think our mate wanted to introduce us, Edria whispered, despite no one but me being able to hear her.

I could feel Hunter's eyes boring into the side of my face from where he stood, half a step to my left. I turned to him and shot him a quick smile before I turned back to the warrior positioned in front of the wooden gate.

"Welcome to Silver Moon." He nodded and pulled one side of the large gate open.

With Ren and Blake at the head of our little group we entered what looked like a roomy stone courtyard. My eyes were immediately drawn to the new angle of the castle looming above of us, and I once again found myself scanning the windows for any peeping eyes.

I was the only one who spared our surroundings a fleeting glance though. The others all headed to the left corner of the courtyard, where a staircase began. With me now in the back we ascended a letter L shaped staircase, until we reached another snow-covered courtyard.

And I thought the lower one was big, Edria whistled. Look at the size of the empty space. This would be a perfect spot for some combat training.

I was about to agree with her when my eyes landed on two figures standing close to the stone railing overlooking the lower courtyard. Both of them radiated power, however, while my eyes skipped over the average looks of one, I found myself forgetting how to breathe at the sight of the other.

He... He's... Edria was strung speechless.

Less than fifteen steps away from me stood a towering man, with broad shoulders and the darkest eyes outside a werewolf in wolf form I had ever seen. As he stopped talking to the other man and turned toward our group, I felt like my heart was about to stop.

He's really here, Edria whispered. It's really him.

I couldn't blame Edria for acting more star struck than on the first occasion we met our mate. This was, after all, our first time seeing the Alpha King, Theodore Hanim, in real life.

Even without the rumors I've heard about him and the descriptions Naia provided me with, I would have immediately recognized him. He radiated such a massive force of dominance, that the moment he moved his eyes onto our little group, my face sank down to my chest.

"Welcome to Silver Moon." He had a strong, confident voice; just like I expected from the leader of all werewolves.

"It's a pleasure to be back," Blake said.