DAY 2, FRI - THE 2ND HALF, AFTERNOON

DAY 2, FRIDAY - THE SECOND HALF, AFTERNOON

No sooner had Natalie returned to her car, when her mobile rang, and it was Maria. Natalie automatically looked up in front and spotted Maria in the distance, standing on the footpath, her handbag hanging from her shoulder. Maria was holding her mobile to her ear and looking up and down the road, searching for Natalie's car. Natalie immediately answered the phone saying that she'd be right there in a few seconds.

Maria looked in Natalie's direction and waved her hand. Natalie noticed a wide grin on Maria's face as she approached her. Maria had undone the bun of her hair and Natalie thought that Maria looked beautiful with her hair left open.

Natalie had lowered the glass of the left window as she was reaching where Maria stood.

Maria placed her hand on the window and smiled, greeting Natalie, "Hi..."

"Maria?" muttered Natalie.

Maria looked into Natalie's eyes, her eyebrows raised. "Hmm...?"

"You look beautiful," said Natalie, eyeing the curls of Maria's wavy hair that were shining in the afternoon sun.

Maria's smile widened but she didn't respond as she blushed. Natalie noticed it but without waiting for her reply, added, "You should leave your hair open more often."

Maria stood transfixed by Natalie's gaze, her eyes narrowed due to the bright sunlight. Natalie instantly reached for the door handle and opened it for Maria.

Avoiding Natalie's stare, Maria touched the long tress of her own hair that fell over her right shoulder and breast. She took her handbag off her left shoulder and stepped into the car. As she plunged into the seat pulling the door shut, her skirt rode up revealing the toned muscles of her right leg's outer thigh.

Maria swiftly snapped open her handbag and looked at herself in the mirror. As if she was satisfied at the sight of her own reflection, she quickly snapped back the magnet of her handbag shut.

Giving a momentary look at Maria's bare leg, Natalie asked her, "How's your interview coming?"

Maria continued to gaze outside the window and nodded her head as if in a self-inspired hope. "I've faired very well and am hoping for positive results."

Natalie placed her hand on Maria's right knee in reassurance. "I'm sure you'll get through," Natalie said.

Maria quickly shot a glance at Natalie.
Natalie glanced back at Maria. Before she withdrew her hand from Maria's knee, she inquired, "Maria, are you really keen on settling down in Mumbai?"

Maria wanted to take Natalie's hand in hers but she was seemingly late. Natalie's touch had sent current through Maria's body. Neither it was the static current nor the after-effect of booze that had kicked in her head. It was the wave that had straight kicked her groin. There had been times when she had wished that she could fly to Mumbai in a jiffy and land in Natalie's room, but now she was sitting right next to her. It was like a dream come true.

They had been regularly involved in chaturbating in the nights until the wee hours and had never seemed to tire. Their lust for each other had insatiably grown and their appetite had never seemed to quench.

Maria realized that she had missed this opportunity. Whether or not Natalie was seriously concerned about Maria's settling down in Mumbai did not matter to Maria at that moment. What had most mattered to Maria sitting right next to Natalie in the moving car was to experience the feeling of a feminine touch. Natalie's touch. Maria had never come across a woman like Natalie. Natalie was different from every other girl. She was special to Maria. There was an inexplicable attraction about Natalie that Maria was living through.